The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Neon Demon, which I thought was great. Apparently in the minority with that.
Nightcrawler
Swiss Army Man - 5/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Good Dinosaur - 8/10
Nativity - 9/10
Moana - 7.5/10

Inner Workings - 8/10
These short films before the main Disney feature are great!
The Magnificent Seven - 8/10
Just watched The Interview. Meh. It was better than I thought it would be. 5/10
Don't breathe 7/10

although, it was a very good thriller, there are some aspects of the movie that sounded a lil bit unrealistic and there is not much in the story, just a bunch of spoiled brats broke into the home of a blind man hoping to steal his money to travel away from their hometown due to family issues.
Role Models 5/10
The Martian. Amazing film. 9/10
10 Things I Hate About You - 10/10
Primal Fear - 8/10

Really enjoyable and interesting film. I knew the plot twists before going into it which gave me a different perspective throughout the film. Thought the execution of some parts including the final twist could have been a little bit better but it was still a really good film
Apocalypto - 5/10

I was enjoying the movie at first but it just drags on too long with too little substance to the plot. I could probably copy and paste a 'The Revenant' review into here. Nice visuals, the film looks amazing with great sets and costume designs (if you can call mostly naked people costumes) but it's basically The Revenant in the Mayan jungle and I found both films a bit boring as they got past the halfway mark. Not a bad film by any means though, really good directing by Mel Gibson, it's very tense throughout most of it and well built up at the start, just needed a bit more.
I've revised my original Force Awakens score down to 8/10, and that's where i'm gonna put Rogue One also.

Rogue One: 8/10

Will post my thoughts in the main Rogue One thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
Dirty Grandpa - 7/10

Was actually quite funny at times, mostly just seeing Robert De Niro saying absolutely ridiculous stuff. Enjoyed it better than the other comedies I've seen this year.
Reply 36
RED2 - 99.999r%
A very clever and funny film - comedy thrillers are not normally my 'bag' but I might have to pay the 5p.
Bruce hot.
Helen too cool - even my 'gay side' felt the (potential) love.
Rogue One: 7.5/10

Spoiler

It's Kind Of A Funny Story - 9/10
Reply 39
Independence Day (7/10)

I think the only reason this film stands the test of time is 90s nostalgia. It's too long, visual effects (albeit Oscar winning) are quite dated, and it rips off Star Wars, War of the Worlds, Alien and puts them together. That said, I like Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith's roles, Bill Pulman's U.S President is one of the better fictional world leaders in film, and it worked really well as a summer blockbuster (compared to the offerings of 2016 like Suicide Squad, Bourne, Legend of Tarzan etc.).

Quick Reply

Latest