The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Presuming you had a high C at AS (i.e, one mark off a B), you would have 209 UMS, at A2 in order to get an A, you would need 480 UMS. So this would mean that next year you would have to get at least 271, i.e. 90%. It's definitely possible but it would be hard work and even more so if you've just scraped a C and in which case you'll need nearer 100%. If I were you I'd resit a few modules to make it easier but definitely aim high, you've nothing too lose but perhaps a lot to gain! (Isn't that a slogan for a loan company)?
Reply 2
Without re-sits, I'd say no.
Reply 3
Depends on what subject but i would say its pretty hard unless you where half asleep during these exams :P
I went from BBBC to AAAB (including gen stud and excluding my c in AS maths) I used resits though. Resits are your friends. ;yes;
Reply 5
Possible? Yes. Probable? No.
Resists would certainly make it easier.
Reply 6
Of course it's possible; it's like winning the lottery, possible but unlikely. Like I said, you'd need between 90 and 100% at A2.
I got 210 for biology:

unit 1 55/90
unit 2 67/90
unit 3 88/120

Anyone think with just the unit 1 resit, I could manage to achieve a B grade? (OCR biology)
Resits are your friend. In my personal favourite resit I went from 59/105 (d) to 103/105 (a) with no extra revision. =)
Legend Killer
I got 210 for biology:

unit 1 55/90
unit 2 67/90
unit 3 88/120

Anyone think with just the unit 1 resit, I could manage to achieve a B grade? (OCR biology)

I thought 210 UMS was a B?
Reply 10
MathematicalMind
I thought 210 UMS was a B?

It is, but obviously A2 is more difficult than AS.
Aksan
It is, but obviously A2 is more difficult than AS.

Oh ok I understand :smile:
Reply 12
Possible but unlikely. You would have to have a lot of motivation and determination to move from a C at AS to an A at A2.
Reply 13
i got 214/300 in my AS Maths last year (almost a C).
After resitting two modules whilst taking A2 Maths this year I have now got 530/600 for my whole A-Level (a solid A).

So it is possible to upgrade but extremely unlikely without resits.
Reply 14
It is highly unlikely, but if you are very determined to get an A my advice is it is best to resist at least one or two modules/units.
MathematicalMind
Oh ok I understand :smile:

Yeh, I meant a B at A2.

You think its possible if i re took the 55/90 module and got it up to around 75?

So around 230 at AS.
Reply 16
Legend Killer
Yeh, I meant a B at A2.

You think its possible if i re took the 55/90 module and got it up to around 75?

So around 230 at AS.

Yeah, it's surely possible. Go for it! It's more possible than the question of that by the OP. :biggrin:

Latest