The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Science Extended (Huddersfield)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
There were about 280 students on the course some dropped out half way through but roughly about 30 ppl got into optom this year and I think about 20 got into pharmacy. As long as ur close to getting 70% overall and in the required modules u should be fine
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Asha2003
There were about 280 students on the course some dropped out half way through but roughly about 30 ppl got into optom this year and I think about 20 got into pharmacy. As long as ur close to getting 70% overall and in the required modules u should be fine

Right what do the modules consist of? Coursework exams ?
Original post by 18stariq

Best to check the university website. Just type in the course. You'll find a much clear and detailed answer.

Hi @18stariq

The modules you study during the year are:

- Maths and Physics
- Biology
- Chemistry in Action
- Scientific Investigations
- Science Skills

You can read a description of each module here: https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/undergraduate/science-extended-degree-leading-to-a-bsc-hons-degree

Many thanks,
Lewis

UoH
I’ve just completed this course this year and was able to progress into Optom. In my opinion some courses were intense but as long as u keep on track with your work and go through the qs they give u consistently you’ll be fine, especially with Pharmacy cos it’s less competitive than optom so if u achieve an overall of like 68% u can still progress into pharmacy without being on a waiting list.

Is it ok if I can pm you about questions about the course
Reply 25
Yes 👍🏽
Reply 26
Hi, I have a spare room available at Aspley House, Bronze En Suite in Huddersfield for the 2023/2024 available for 51 weeks contract, only £97 per week.

Bills included, as well as a private bathroom, private room, double bed and shared kitchen. Only 3 minutes walk away from the University of Huddersfield. Free WiFi, gym, wardrobe, study desk and chair.

Please do contact me if your interested as i am no longer going to University of Huddersfield so I need a replacement otherwise I will need to pay for the rent.

Thank youu
Reply 27
Congratulations good luck! I also heard that only 10% of people overall manage to progress on each year to either pharmacy or optometry. Is that true?

Do you know anyone trying to find an accomodation as I am currently looking for someone to take my accomodation which is available at Aspley House, Bronze En Suite in Huddersfield for the 2023/2024 available for 51 weeks contract, only £97 per week.

Bills included, as well as a private bathroom, private room, double bed and shared kitchen. Only 3 minutes walk away from the University of Huddersfield. Free WiFi, gym, wardrobe, study desk and chair.

Please do contact me if your interested or if you may know anyone as i am no longer going to University of Huddersfield so I need a replacement otherwise I will need to pay for the rent.

It will be really helpful, thanks alot
Original post by Syeda_
Do you know anyone trying to find an accomodation as I am currently looking for someone to take my accomodation which is available at Aspley House, Bronze En Suite in Huddersfield for the 2023/2024 available for 51 weeks contract, only £97 per week.

Please do contact me if your interested or if you may know anyone as i am no longer going to University of Huddersfield so I need a replacement otherwise I will need to pay for the rent.

It will be really helpful, thanks alot

Hello Syeda,

Try contacting the University of Huddersfield Accommodation department to see if they can advertise your accommodation place or assist in any way possible.

Below I have found their contact details:
Open times: Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm

Accomodation department: [email protected]
01484 473104

Univeristy reception:
[email protected]
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous
Hello Syeda,

Try contacting the University of Huddersfield Accommodation department to see if they can advertise your accommodation place or assist in any way possible.

Below I have found their contact details:
Open times: Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm

Accomodation department: [email protected]
01484 473104

Univeristy reception:
[email protected]

Thanks for the information I will try that tomorrow! hopefully I get some help

Thanks for your help!

If you get 70% are you deffos likely to move pharmacy or optom or do people still Get rejected
Reply 31
If you get 70% are you deffos likely to move pharmacy or optom or do people still Get rejected

Yes I don’t know a single person who got 70% and didn’t get in, it is very unlikely you’d get rejected if u achieved 70% overall and in the required modules
Yes 👍🏽

I can’t seem to pm here do you have any contact where I can contact you
Is there coursework you have to do or do you have to do exams and how hard is it compared to a levels such as bio or chem?
Original post by username1244
Is there coursework you have to do or do you have to do exams and how hard is it compared to a levels such as bio or chem?

Yes the practicals count as coursework and the work you submit in the labs too. More information can be found on the website. The difficulty of the modules is equivalent to A Level Biology and Chemistry but more Univeristy style - for example some of the topics taught in the chemistry module aren't taught at A level but would be taught at University for Chemistry BSc, you have to produce essays, reports using referercing etc. Hope that makes sense.
Yes the practicals count as coursework and the work you submit in the labs too. More information can be found on the website. The difficulty of the modules is equivalent to A Level Biology and Chemistry but more Univeristy style - for example some of the topics taught in the chemistry module aren't taught at A level but would be taught at University for Chemistry BSc, you have to produce essays, reports using referercing etc. Hope that makes sense.

and are there any big exams you have to do at the end or anywhere in the course?
and are there any big exams you have to do at the end or anywhere in the course?

Of course there are! Those exams are called summer finals and contribute the most for your progression onto your chosen course. They are weighed heavy and are intense exams testing on synoptic application so you must prepare really well.
Of course there are! Those exams are called summer finals and contribute the most for your progression onto your chosen course. They are weighed heavy and are intense exams testing on synoptic application so you must prepare really well.

How many are there and how are the exams compared to a level exams
Reply 38
I can’t seem to pm here do you have any contact where I can contact you

I will drop you a message on pm.
I will drop you a message on pm.

Have u completed the SED course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending