The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Huddersfield science extended degree

Has anyone completed the huddersfield science extended degree ? If so how was it in terms of difficulty and progressing on to he course you act want to do like pharmacy or optometry????
Original post by soaosaoid
Has anyone completed the huddersfield science extended degree ? If so how was it in terms of difficulty and progressing on to he course you act want to do like pharmacy or optometry????

Hi @soaosaoid , I currently study pharmacy, although I have not studied the SED there are many people in my year who have studied the SED and then pursued a degree in pharmacy. From what I have heard some have said that the SED has been of great benefit to them, especially with preparing for the lab sessions that we have had to do in pharmacy.
In order to progress onto Pharmacy or Optometry following the SED you must pass all modules with an overall pass mark of at least 70%. As well as this, at least 70% in the Chemistry module and 70% in the Maths and Physics module must be achieved. You must also successfully undertake an interview with the Optometry or Pharmacy admissions staff.

I hope this has been of some help and provided some insight into the SED.
If you need further support, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Aaliya ~ 3rd year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Hello, if anyone would like to be added to a SED groupchat, please reply to this message with a 'Yes' and I will private message you myself. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, if anyone would like to be added to a SED groupchat, please reply to this message with a 'Yes' and I will private message you myself. :smile:

Can I still join?
Reply 4
Yes

Yes I would like to join too 😊
Reply 6
Yes
Original post by aspireoptom23
Yes I would like to join too 😊

Hello,

The gc was only for the 2022 SED students. Now that the course has finished, it's been deleted. Sorry about that.
Reply 8
How do you create a gc on student room anyways so we can create a new gc for science extended degree 2023

Hello,

The gc was only for the 2022 SED students. Now that the course has finished, it's been deleted. Sorry about that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending