The Student Room Group

Sae.HH's blog

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
At home and can't be bothered going to the gym at this time. Will have to have a big session tomorrow. Judo instructor messaged me too since I wasn't in last week so I'll have to go to at least one session this week. And undoubtedly get my ass kicked for 2 hours. Going to be an intense week.

Edit; Oh yeah straps, chalk and neck harness all ordered. Excited :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Neck harness?
Reply 42
Original post by Angry cucumber
Neck harness?

Yeah for neck extensions, I get quite a lot of front neck work from Judo. I've always been quite self conscious (I prefer to do deadlifts in private for instance), so a neck harness has always been a no go but I've seen one or two guys at my uni gym doing them so I don't feel as weird about it anymore, and it's been something I've been meaning to incorporate for a while.

AlphaDestiny really preaches neck work and him and other guys (Pete Rubish etc.) really look badass with thick necks

[video="youtube;Fp8G-Qr39Bg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8G-Qr39Bg[/video]
Original post by Sae.HH
Yeah for neck extensions, I get quite a lot of front neck work from Judo. I've always been quite self conscious (I prefer to do deadlifts in private for instance), so a neck harness has always been a no go but I've seen one or two guys at my uni gym doing them so I don't feel as weird about it anymore, and it's been something I've been meaning to incorporate for a while.

AlphaDestiny really preaches neck work and him and other guys (Pete Rubish etc.) really look badass with thick necks

[video="youtube;Fp8G-Qr39Bg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8G-Qr39Bg[/video]

u serious bra? :colone:
Reply 44
Original post by UchihaMadara
u serious bra? :colone:

Deadly :p:

Monday Morning Weigh In; 71.2kg

Workout 16/01/16

Paused OHP 53.5 5/5/4/4/4 50 /6 5mr (Not happy with these, form was really shoddy, kept ****ing up my cues)

Low Bar 120 5x3 3mr (Decent, had to do warm up weights twice going up since it felt quite heavy, misgrooved last set. Also took only 2 minutes rest between second and third set which was brave lol but went alright)

Conventional Deadlift 130 1x3 140 2x5 4mr (All double OH up to first 2 reps of 140)

Superset;
DB Incline Press 24 4x8
DB Row 40 4x5

Superset;
Tricep Extensions 16.25 3x15
Facepulls 13.75 3x8
Pull Ups BW 6/6/5/5

Plank BW 120s
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
Deadly :p:

Workout 16/01/16

Paused OHP 53.5 5/5/4/4/4 50 /6 5mr (Not happy with these, form was really shoddy, kept ****ing up my cues)

Low Bar 120 5x3 3mr (Decent, had to do warm up weights twice going up since it felt quite heavy, misgrooved last set. Also took only 2 minutes rest between second and third set which was brave lol but went alright)

Conventional Deadlift 130 1x3 140 2x5 4mr (All double OH up to first 2 reps of 140)

Superset;
DB Incline Press 24 4x8
DB Row 40 4x5

Superset;
Tricep Extensions 16.25 3x15
Facepulls 13.75 3x8
Pull Ups BW 6/6/5/5

Plank BW 120s

:redface:
Reply 46
Workout 17/01/16

90 minutes swimming, damn that was tough, first time in 14 years. Really, really enjoyed it though. Took 15 minutes to pick it back up. Legs felt like dead weight at the end. Hopefully going again Thursday.
Reply 47
Thanks for the great tip on neck training. The neck is very functional in martial arts so it doesn't do to be unaware of it.
Reply 48
Original post by miser
Thanks for the great tip on neck training. The neck is very functional in martial arts so it doesn't do to be unaware of it.

No problem! Absolutely, my Judo teacher is a 5th Dan blackbelt and his neck is like the width of his face lol. Definitely helps in grappling sports 100%, although AlphaDestiny refers to it largely from an aesthetic point of view.
Reply 49
EDIT; Should clarify lack of activity because of an awful deadline due last night, that along with juggling interview call ups and **** meant zero time for training. But my schedule is clear over the next few days :colone:

Workout 20/01/16

2ct Paused Bench 73.5 6x4 5mr (First few sets poor form)

Paused High Bar Beltless 90 4x8 3mr

Chin Up +20.0 4/4/3 (Annoyed lost reps on this)

CGBP 60 4x5

Superset;
Leg Raise BW 3x8
Facepulls 13.75 4x6

Hour swimming straight after (promised a friend otherwise would have completed volume work). Will just go in tomorrow and do a volume based workout.

I also have two hours of Kali Jeet which should be fun. @miser don't know how you feel about it as an art but it's pretty dope from what I've seen
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
2ct Paused Bench 53.5 6x4 5mr (First few sets poor form)

73.5* :,)
Reply 51
Original post by UchihaMadara
73.5* :,)

Hahaha good spot
Reply 52
2 hours of Kali-Jeet before training, stick work was really fun but other than that it was a bit ****. I think I'll just but my own sticks and nunchucks and learn from my mate who is the ex-president of the society.

Workout 21/01/16

Paused OHP 45 4x7, 3x5 2mr

DB Row 34 2x10 2x8 2mr

Lat Pulldown 45 5x10

Superset;
BB Overhead Extension 20.0 (I'm assuming that E-Z bar thing weighs 7.5kg? @Unistudent77 you'd know this I think being a bodybuilder )
BB Curl 25 5x12

Superset;
DB Hammer Curl 12 4x6
DB Shrug 38 4x12

Superset;
Tricep Extensions 16.75 5x12
Facepull 16.75 5x10

Knee Raises 2x10

Tried doing some other push work but after OHP it was all just dead.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol, i'm a no gainer. Certainly ain't no Bodybuilda (but i suppose i am a wannabee :tongue:)

Emm i think we settled on like 10-12.5kg in my blog. Something like that.
So either side of 10kg is possible. Seemed legit when i added weight on as it matched what i could do with DBs added together.

Just use the same bar consistently and then no issue :smile:

Nice work recently!

V poor curls today though :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by Unistudent77
Lol, i'm a no gainer. Certainly ain't no Bodybuilda (but i suppose i am a wannabee :tongue:)

Emm i think we settled on like 10-12.5kg in my blog. Something like that.
So either side of 10kg is possible. Seemed legit when i added weight on as it matched what i could do with DBs added together.

Just use the same bar consistently and then no issue :smile:

Nice work recently!

V poor curls today though :wink:

Thanks! I guess it's more like 20-22.5kg then. One day I'll make curls a priority. :p: Hey I decided to do them over rear delt flys and reverse hypers tonight that has to count for something right? Right?!
Original post by Sae.HH
Thanks! I guess it's more like 20-22.5kg then. One day I'll make curls a priority. :p: Hey I decided to do them over rear delt flys and reverse hypers tonight that has to count for something right? Right?!

Why is the bar suddenly 20-22.5kg? :tongue:

Mine was 10 let's say. I added 25kg so 35kg in total and repped it for like 10. At that time was using 17.5kg DBs for 8/9 i think.

Hence why i presumed it must be about 10kg.

But anyway who cares

Why not do all three?!? :tongue:

Nice work bro but don't go full bro. Bicep curls tighten the pecs so don't chose them over rear delt stuff too much otherwise you'll end up like me! :wink:(Not srs)
A 20kg EZ bar would be massive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Angry cucumber
A 20kg EZ bar would be massive

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is the bar suddenly 20-22.5kg? :tongue:

Mine was 10 let's say. I added 25kg so 35kg in total and repped it for like 10. At that time was using 17.5kg DBs for 8/9 i think.

Hence why i presumed it must be about 10kg.

But anyway who cares

Why not do all three?!? :tongue:

Nice work bro but don't go full bro. Bicep curls tighten the pecs so don't chose them over rear delt stuff too much otherwise you'll end up like me! :wink:(Not srs)

Yeye I meant I had 5's on each side so 20-22.5 in total to clarify. And I always run out of time since i get there late on weekends and the stupid place closes at 7 so i have to superset off the top of my head based on what I didn't do in my last session :angry: Reverse Hyper machine is on a different floor too
Original post by Sae.HH
Yeye I meant I had 5's on each side so 20-22.5 in total to clarify. And I always run out of time since i get there late on weekends and the stupid place closes at 7 so i have to superset off the top of my head based on what I didn't do in my last session :angry: Reverse Hyper machine is on a different floor too

7?!? Get a new gym that doesn't have a crèche
Reply 59
7?!? Get a new gym that doesn't have a crèche

Yeah my 24 hour gym in Birmingham is so much better :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest