The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
generalebriety
No. :smile:

I am glad because there does seem to be a lot of irelevant questions floating around:wink:
Yeah I know

But can I ask, What days does your Daddy Chauffer you to university in your Rangerover? Im thinking of getting him to do it every day I have a 9am start. Should I get a professional Chauffer? What about a limo, could it park outside my front door. Im in Flat 23, Rm6 :biggrin:
sooty1230
You know in a months time do the questions on here change to, "what day does your mummy come to do your washing and cleaning"

Noxid
Yeah I know

But can I ask, What days does your Daddy Chauffer you to university in your Rangerover? Im thinking of getting him to do it every day I have a 9am start. Should I get a professional Chauffer? What about a limo, could it park outside my front door. Im in Flat 23, Rm6 :biggrin:

I'm interested, who are you two taking the piss out of? :s-smilie: Because I've seen none of this. I've seen "I'm hauling my clothes to uni in bin bags / on the train". :s-smilie:
You see a lot of really simple questions that have reasonably obvious answers in GUD at the moments. Its just that we are taking it to the next obvious stage, which is comparing who gets what when everyone starts at uni. Wait until you start gettin "What is your Favourite... ? Threads.

Dont worry about it gb.
I'm taking as much as I can in a suitcase, and the rest in bin bags. Only reason I'm taking a suitcase is so that I have one if I need one while at uni, which I will for coming back home at Christmas and Easter.

I'm going to pack t-shirts, jeans and shorts in the suitcase and load bin bags up with underwear.
Reply 25
I'll take a load of suitcases and get my bro to take them back in the car. When I'm coming home again, I'll just use bags. Obviously I'll be washing clothes whilst at Uni, but for the week or two before I go home I won't bother, take the lot home unwashed, wash everything properly in a half-way decent washing machine. Might as well do this, since it'll all get creased to hell on the way back anyway.
Dionysus
I'll take a load of suitcases and get my bro to take them back in the car. When I'm coming home again, I'll just use bags. Obviously I'll be washing clothes whilst at Uni, but for the week or two before I go home I won't bother, take the lot home unwashed, wash everything properly in a half-way decent washing machine. Might as well do this, since it'll all get creased to hell on the way back anyway.

Hehehe, I tended to let my washing mount up over the last couple of weeks before a holdiay, then take it all home.

In fact I still do that now. I went down to my apretns for a week and ahalf in August and took my very large suitecase of clothes there with me....hehehe
Reply 27
I'm taking two bags- one a duffel bag, which i can then use if i decide to nip home for the weekend. And also a washing bag, which once i've taken my clothes out of, i can keep in my room and use for the rest of the year. And no need to store a suitcase :smile:
Reply 28
Suitcase. :smile:
I've got one massive suitcase packed so far, and thats just got about a 1/3 of my clothes in :redface: i reckon another 2 massive suitcases will do it (not including shoes though :p: )
Big wheely holdall. And now I have more clothing, a 110 litre rucksack too.
Suitcase that can hold up to 28Kg worth of clothes :biggrin: I'm sending my shoes via courier :biggrin:
Reply 32
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Suitcase that can hold up to 28Kg worth of clothes :biggrin: I'm sending my shoes via courier :biggrin:

haha! love it!! :biggrin:
Reply 33
A giant suitcase that can fit all my clothes plus more it in.

My parents are going to take it home with them because it's stupidly big and there is no way in hell it can stay in my room!
I left mine on the hangers and put them in those massive carrier bags you get from the Next sale then on arrival it was simply a case of out of the carrier bang and into the wardrobe.
Reply 35
Boxes :smile:
I have a couple of cardboard boxes for all my shoes. I borrow my parents huge suitcase and use my own little suitcase for my main clothes and any more go in any random bags or boxes with spare space.
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX

Oh god what am i going to do with my shoes???? haven't thought about that!!! :s-smilie: really should start packing...
Reply 38
Looking at this thread and talking about suitcases made even more glad that I'm staying at home... no ironing! :biggrin:
Reply 39
My sister's already at uni so my mum's got the same system for me - we get a load of plastic boxes, fold up my clothes and put them in and then label them 'jumpers'/'underwear' etc. Seems like logical system to me.. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending