The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lou_
Even if you enjoy your subject is it still normal to find lectures boring?

Yes.

Lectures are in principle perhaps the most boring way of learning imaginable.
Just take your ipod in and hide it under your hijab. Thats what I plan to do and I'm not even a Hindu.
Andy Pipkin
Just take your ipod in and hide it under your hijab. Thats what I plan to do and I'm not even a Hindu.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Reply 4
Andy Pipkin

LOL :biggrin:
Reply 5
Best post by Pipkin evar?!
Reply 6
It depends on the lecturer, a good lecturer can make paint drying seem like the most interesting and important topic in the world, but an hour stuck in a room with a boring out of touch lecturer can pretty much make you want to die.
Reply 7
orbelina
It depends on the lecturer, a good lecturer can make paint drying seem like the most interesting and important topic in the world, but an hour stuck in a room with a boring out of touch lecturer can pretty much make you want to die.

This is pretty much true. I don't tend to get bored in my lectures, but there was one module I had on Friday mornings in first year that was guaranteed to put me to sleep. Whereas another one overran constantly but nobody bothered to stop the tutor cos it was so entertaining :biggrin:
Reply 8
I hope mine aren't boring. If I'm paying this much I want it to be interesting, lol.
I'm paying nothing and to be honest I expect first year to be boring, as it's essentially a repeat of the AH. And from the lectures I've had so far (couple of special ones at uni) it's been hard to stay awake :s-smilie:
if the lecture bores you and you can't take it, you can easily walk out.
xxxchrisxxx

Wouldn't the lecturer have something to say about that?
SmilerNuts
Wouldn't the lecturer have something to say about that?

are you at uni? none of mine ever did. well i didnt walk out but other people did and the lecturers didnt seem to mind.
Reply 13
orbelina

:ditto:
One of the least boring lectures I've ever attended was Introduction to Old English, because the lecturer was extremely good at making the topic seem interesting.
xxxchrisxxx

If you want to look incredibly rude, sure.

As others have said, it depends on the lecturer.
xxxchrisxxx
are you at uni? none of mine ever did. well i didnt walk out but other people did and the lecturers didnt seem to mind.

Not yet, start on Saturday. I just thought that if the lecturer cared about you skipping class then he or she will be even more pissed off if you leave halfway through :s-smilie:
Reply 16
So so so so so boring. Not one of mine held my interest for longer than a minute. So usually either didn't go, slept, played worms on my friends phone, drew pictures, played squares, played hangman, texted people, ate my lunch, listened to ipod, did coursework etc
Reply 17
SmilerNuts
Not yet, start on Saturday. I just thought that if the lecturer cared about you skipping class then he or she will be even more pissed off if you leave halfway through :s-smilie:

Why would lecturers care about you skipping class? It's your degree on the line, not theirs. I mean sure, if no-one ever turns up they might be a bit pissed but I've always been given the impression that if you don't turn up, it's your tough **** and don't expect to get any help if you come running back to them afterwards.
LisaPizza
So so so so so boring. Not one of mine held my interest for longer than a minute. So usually either didn't go, slept, played worms on my friends phone, drew pictures, played squares, played hangman, texted people, ate my lunch, listened to ipod, did coursework etc

Nice...
And did you pass the course?
Reply 19
I had many an interesting lecture while at university, but I am passionate about the subjects I did so that was hardly surprising! It does depend on the lecturer as well though, as others have pointed out. You do get lecturers now and then who could make the most interesting subject seem dull.

Latest

Trending

Trending