Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Is Trevelyan that bad?

Hi,
Is it really as bad as everyone says?
Thanks
Reply 1
It sounds a bit weird, all the rooms are octoganal and you have to switch every term (including one term shared I think)

Sure it'll be a laugh though right?

https://www.facebook.com/durhameme/photos/a.363487447376673.1073741828.363459094046175/384206245304793/?type=3&theater
(edited 7 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by gnfgfsdk
Hi,
Thanks

I visited it at the open day and it was by far my favourite. It is so much cosier and friendlier than the others. IIRC it isn't true that you have to do a term in a shared room, as you can opt out.

Sadly, even though I put it as my first choice, I got placed into Josephine Butler. At least it isn't Hatfield!
Reply 3
Original post by jpjs
I visited it at the open day and it was by far my favourite. It is so much cosier and friendlier than the others. IIRC it isn't true that you have to do a term in a shared room, as you can opt out.

Sadly, even though I put it as my first choice, I got placed into Josephine Butler. At least it isn't Hatfield!

See you at JB.. got a wee group chat going if you want to make some friends?
I think it's great, it's one of the smallest colleges and everyone lives in the same building so there's a real sense of community. You do have to move rooms each term (unless you're able to and choose to stay in your current room in the room ballot), although this means you can choose who you live with. You're expected to share for one term, although not everyone shares in the end
Reply 5
Original post by jpjs

want to switch? :') chose Josephine Butler as my first choice and got Trevelyan instead
Original post by gnfgfsdk
Hi,
Thanks

Probably worse to be honest. Everyone makes fun of you, its miles from shops/lectures/seminars or even a ATM, and worst of all there is the real possibility of a second Trevacuation/Trexit! (which if you don't know was when the electricity was cut for two days, basically nobody had access to their belongings and had to live on friend's rooms from other colleges/MC gym floor/get a hotel room at own expense.
Reply 7
Original post by durhamdunce
Probably worse to be honest. Everyone makes fun of you, its miles from shops/lectures/seminars or even a ATM, and worst of all there is the real possibility of a second Trevacuation/Trexit! (which if you don't know was when the electricity was cut for two days, basically nobody had access to their belongings and had to live on friend's rooms from other colleges/MC gym floor/get a hotel room at own expense.

It's 1 mile to the centre of Durham, and one of the closest colleges to the science site and maths building????? How is that miles from anywhere??

Quick Reply

Latest