The Student Room Group

Who will never be a mod?

An antithesis to most "who should be a mod" threads.

Who do you think, of the above prolific members, is the least likely to ever be a mod? All of whom are unlikely candidates (due mainly to popularity issues - efficiency is not considered a neccessary requisite), but who is least favourite?

My opinion:

Invisible / bono - Ex-spammer, banned repeatedly, unpopular with most current moderators. Chances = 0/10

Vienna95 - Mean, devestating and slightly to the right of Genghis Khan on the political scale. Would probably bring some much-needed discipline to the job, but lacks the popularity of more mainstream members. Chances = 4/10

Mr White - I recognise my own weaknesses. Impulsive and prejudiced, lack the even-handedness to be efficient. Would probably ban people on whims. Chances = 3/10

Moncal - Small fish in a big pond. Relative newbie who seems intent on being a mod. Has been revealed to have indulged in unscrupulous activites to accomplish this goal. As such, he's not got much hope. Chances = 0/10

tis me lord - Lord of the spammers. Chances = 0/10

Tinykates - Popular with the general chatters, but not really mod-material. Chances = 3/10

Iluvatar - Humorous, clever, helpful and generally all-round nice guy. Despite being the oldest active member (aside from d) is always overlooked. Chances = 3/10

Lord Huntroyde - Like Iluvatar: is smart, helpful and efficient. Has never really been considered seriously, though. Is generally pleasant, but has been known to jekyll and hyde-type moments. Chances = 5/10

Padfoot90 - Moncal's crony. No real chances, but would probably be okay at it. 2/10

wiwarin mir - Lack of contact with the outside world would mean constant vigilance, but a relative newbie who has yet to prove himself. Chances = 2/10

Scroll to see replies

Is it wise to make this poll public?
Reply 2
You'd be a fun mod Monsieur Blanc :smile: It would quite possibly be hell, but it would be fun :biggrin:
Reply 3
Invisible
He tried to hack Ollie's hotmail account, he asked the hacker to hack Ollie's UKL account, and in the mod forum they were talking about him being weird for searching the forum endlessly and asking really nonsense/dodgy questions regarding UKL history. d called him a stalker.

Yet you give him the same score as Padfoot?

Well, you're cleary more in-the-know than me, Mr Subscriber, with all your money and whatnot. In light of new evidence, I'll downgrade.
Reply 4
Acaila
You'd be a fun mod Monsieur Blanc :smile: It would quite possibly be hell, but it would be fun :biggrin:

Exactly. "May you live in interesting times".
Reply 5
Invisible
Money? The hacker and moncal told me it. Moncal is currently least likely to be made mod, the moderators are actually scared of him for searching the place since last year, and fidning out all pieces of info about them.

Ollie says he will ban him ASAP once his mod CP comes back.

Haha. Poor old Moncal. I suppose ambition does not neccessarily go hand-hand with intelligence.
You should have included my name. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Whats_The_411?
You should have included my name. :biggrin:

I don't really know you that well. 10 is the limit, anyway. What would you put your chances at?
Mr White
I don't really know you that well. 10 is the limit, anyway. What would you put your chances at?

Well to be honest, I think most people want me to be a mod. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Invisible
He tried to hack Ollie's hotmail account, he asked the hacker to hack Ollie's UKL account, and in the mod forum they were talking about him being weird for searching the forum endlessly and asking really nonsense/dodgy questions regarding UKL history. d called him a stalker.

Yet you give him the same score as Padfoot?

I always assumed that Moncal was a female, silly me. :cool:
Reply 10
Whats_The_411?
Well to be honest, I think most people want me to be a mod. :biggrin:

I like your UKL name, so that's a start! I wouldn't be a good mod :tongue:
Erm, could you have picked anyone less likely to become a mod. (talking about me btw)
Excuse me, i do have contact with the outside world, quite often in fact, just today i went for a job interview, then came back and painted my bedroom ceiling pink.
Mr White
Tinykates - Popular with the general chatters, but not really mod-material. Chances = 3/10

Is it me or is something wrong with the above?
Invisible
What's wrong with it? I'd say it's quite true.

Well I just thought it would be dubious to include a user who is no longer with us. I realise you don't have to be an active user to be considered for the poll but you can't exactly show them to you if they came out as the worse option can you? Well not using UKL anyway.
NDGAARONDI
Well I just thought it would be dubious to include a user who is no longer with us. I realise you don't have to be an active user to be considered for the poll but you can't exactly show them to you if they came out as the worse option can you? Well not using UKL anyway.

i was thinking that as well, although we do not know if she will be back again or not.
Reply 15
I don't really care who are the personalities behind the mods - so long as they are doing a good job.
aliel
I like your UKL name, so that's a start! I wouldn't be a good mod :tongue:

awww thanks. You would be an excellent mod. You and me together :biggrin:
Tednol
I don't really care who are the personalities behind the mods - so long as they are doing a good job.

Very true, although some people's personality would inhibit the moderation that was expected.
Tednol

I agree. That is the most important criterion surely. I don't care whether I like any of the potential mods I think of, if I think they will do the job well then that's that.
Reply 19
Invisible
He tried to hack Ollie's hotmail account

Dude, it was only a few guesses at his secret question. That is hardly attempted hacking.

Latest

Trending

Trending