The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If I'm honest I'd rather the mods were completely boring and neutral individuals who treated everybody the same.

Don't get me wrong though, I have nothing against the mods and as it happens I quite like them all!
Reply 21
I'm going to cheat and vote for myself twice. :smile:

Anyways, all of the mods would throw a fit if d ever even considered it.
Reply 22
Invisible
Yes, but it would be more interesting though. A lot more interesting, if you and the mods could discuss things in the mod forum. :wink:

Let's just say that it wouldn't take long for one of us to figure out whether mods can ban mods.
Reply 23
Invisible
btw, I think the hacker added me on MSN.

The answer to my secret question on hotmail, was "Horsforth School". (My school).

Some guy then added me, and he typed:

Horsforth School
Horsforth School
Horsforth School

After 3 seconds, he then dissapeared. Seems like the hacker?

What was the email address? Doesn't sound like behaviour of the hacker so far does it? Weird!

Maybe thats the chorus to the new McFly track?
Reply 24
wiwarin_mir
i was thinking that as well, although we do not know if she will be back again or not.

When/why did she go? [sorry to divert off topic...just a small query]

---

Has d hinted at new appointments lately or something? I haven't been on the forum much of late but of the threads I have seen, many of them, as MR White stated, have been about 'who would be a good mod' or similar...or perhaps it was just a single thread that was very popular *shrugs*.

Actually, having just considered, surely we shall be getting a large incress in the forum mod team when it merges into 'banaboo' or whateverthename, as the admin teams from the other forums being merged will come in too?
Reply 25
Egan1

---

Has d hinted at new appointments lately or something? I haven't been on the forum much of late but of the threads I have seen, many of them, as MR White stated, have been about 'who would be a good mod' or similar...or perhaps it was just a single thread that was very popular *shrugs*.

Actually, having just considered, surely we shall be getting a large incress in the forum mod team when it merges into 'banaboo' or whateverthename, as the admin teams from the other forums being merged will come in too?

We don't know that any of the other sites are forum natured. Therefore there might not be any other staff. d might run all of the sites besides this one by himself.
Reply 26
Mr White
An antithesis to most "who should be a mod" threads.

Who do you think, of the above prolific members, is the least likely to ever be a mod? All of whom are unlikely candidates (due mainly to popularity issues - efficiency is not considered a neccessary requisite), but who is least favourite?

My opinion:

Invisible / bono - Ex-spammer, banned repeatedly, unpopular with most current moderators. Chances = 0/10

Vienna95 - Mean, devestating and slightly to the right of Genghis Khan on the political scale. Would probably bring some much-needed discipline to the job, but lacks the popularity of more mainstream members. Chances = 4/10

Mr White - I recognise my own weaknesses. Impulsive and prejudiced, lack the even-handedness to be efficient. Would probably ban people on whims. Chances = 3/10

Moncal - Small fish in a big pond. Relative newbie who seems intent on being a mod. Has been revealed to have indulged in unscrupulous activites to accomplish this goal. As such, he's not got much hope. Chances = 0/10

tis me lord - Lord of the spammers. Chances = 0/10

Tinykates - Popular with the general chatters, but not really mod-material. Chances = 3/10

Iluvatar - Humorous, clever, helpful and generally all-round nice guy. Despite being the oldest active member (aside from d) is always overlooked. Chances = 3/10

Lord Huntroyde - Like Iluvatar: is smart, helpful and efficient. Has never really been considered seriously, though. Is generally pleasant, but has been known to jekyll and hyde-type moments. Chances = 5/10

Padfoot90 - Moncal's crony. No real chances, but would probably be okay at it. 2/10

wiwarin mir - Lack of contact with the outside world would mean constant vigilance, but a relative newbie who has yet to prove himself. Chances = 2/10

I am nobody's crony, mr white. The term is friend, but you dont seem to understand. Thanks for saying i would be okay at it though :tongue:
Reply 27
Egan1

---

Actually I PM'd d and he said he will sort out any extra mods if everyone thinks we need them but after the overhaul.
Reply 28
who knows?

the americans shouldnt get mod status, because... theyre american (this IS UKL after all)
Reply 29
piginapoke
Surely Gnostic/Biggles deserves a mention, and the mysterious wbl (who's actually probably got a better chance than certain people!)

Indeed wbl is the friendliest crackers (I ever know the special name) ive ever met (metaphysicallinternetically speaking)
im surprised im not on the list mr white
Reply 31
piginapoke
Technically he's got more mod experience than most too...

yep its just a shame he never posts as it would be quite amusing to see a conversation between him and Disneyland Dazya
Reply 32
Im very dissapointed to see my name isn't there Whitey, you old dog!

Whats_The_411? for mod..... :wink:
Reply 33
Mr White
Iluvatar - Humorous, clever, helpful and generally all-round nice guy. Despite being the oldest active member (aside from d) is always overlooked. Chances = 3/10

Not true.
Reply 34
kikzen
(this IS UKL after all)

I'm rather sick of coments like this. The only thing that makes these uk forums is that the learning forums are dedicated to uk education. Nothing about the forums where americans participate makes ukl ukish.
Reply 35
Invisible
Don't worry moncal, we accept you on UKL. :smile: Also, the "M" in Moncal needs to be lowercase. :wink:

I want it upercased. That's one of the things I was trying to get done when I became "Moncal?".
Reply 36
Vienna but not because I don't like her more because other people don't seem to like her
Reply 37
kikzen
who knows?

the americans shouldnt get mod status, because... theyre american (this IS UKL after all)

Even if it could help the forum?
PadFoot90
Even if it could help the forum?

Actually it may help to have a few mods from different time zones to help ease moderation. I'm sure it's easier to moderate this site at 05:00GMT than at the busier times.
Vienna95 should be mod purely for the reason the rest are *commoners* in the sense they mix with everyday forumites and it would be odd giving them lots of power, they wouldn't be "one of us" anymore. However Vienna95 is powerful, distances herself from the forum-scum, I think she'd be perfect.

Latest

Trending

Trending