The Student Room Group

Pending AS levels for Medschool application

Do Admissions departments at Medical schools look at AS grades, or do they look and place more weighting on the predicted A2 grades. Basically my situation is that i got AABC at AS. a B in chem which i was dissapointed about but can easily get up to an A hence the A prediction and a C in Physics which i have dropped but intend to get up to a B for A2 as i understand most Unis requre a B in the 4th AS subject for medicine. What i am asking is do i put that Physics grade under "pending"? How does that look, and can i not do the same for all the other AS exams i sat, can i not just leave the whole thing blank? rather than declare 3 and not declare 1. Thanks guys.
Reply 1
lol, funny story - one of my friends put pending for chemistry and biology, and only had predicted grades of ABB, and got 4 offers...
just so happened she ended up with ACD. needless to say she didnt get accepted after that.
basically, its worth it if you think you can get your grade up to the expected level.
Reply 2
I thought you had to put down all your grades now, unless you want to decline a grade...which you shouldn't do in your situation.

Latest

Trending

Trending