The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Plummie

Just found out I'm in Lindley Court House E, do you happen to have a picture of what the rooms look like? i'm just curious. Also I'm in room 14 so if there are 10-12 per house how does that work?

Room 14 will be on the first floor (that's the 1) and the fourth room (that's the 4). I've actually lost all of my pics of the rooms in Lindley, dam hard drive breaking, but i'll see if i can find any for you. I had a good friend in what i think was your room 3 years ago, all the cool people are Lindley based. Slight disadvantage with Lindley is that it's the furthest court from campus, but the associated advantage is that it's the nearest to Heslington village, and hence the bus stop to town and the Charles pub, but most importantly the PLAYGROUND!

Neodr31
Well i got a standard room in Ingram court. I was atleast hoping for the St Lawrence for the larger number of people =/. Standard room too and i asked for an en-suite. York was my first choice, I sent the form off the day i got it aswell and didnt get any of the things i asked for, guess thats just bad luck.

Ingram only has 72 rooms but hopefully i will enjoy myself.

Sadly there are no en-suite rooms in Halifax (except for UPP, but they pay through the roof for it). The courts do tend inter-mingle loads, so you'll be fine. I just happened to meet my kin in the same court. Specially during Fresher's week, i'll advise you all to go door-knocking to other houses early on, the more people you know the better. That's what i found anyways. Also, if you go to the Halifax events you'll meet lots of faxers. The events might seem a bit cheesy and crap at first, but as no one from the main campus can ever be arsed to walk to halifax pretty much all of the people you meet at the events will live within a 3 minute walk of you.

Edit: Sorry trying to find photos on facebook of first year rooms is kinda tricky because most of them have people in! And i don't think they'd appreciate me posting photos of them on here. I'll keep an eye out though, and post if i find one where you can't tell who the people are!
University of York
York
Reply 21
Aha, now I understand, it will be quite nice on the first floor, I'm really excited about the prospect of commandeering the playground mwhahaha. Thanks for trying to find pics, i had a little look on facebook too but had no success.
Reply 22
Ingram Court, House J, Floor 1, Room 2.

Anyone on here in house J. :smile:
Wood Court E here. :smile:
I only know through evision, only the college. I wish I knew the court and house!!
Reply 25
I too was disappointed as many of you.
will give it a go though, it is only for a year afterall.

I'm in Younger court House B, anyone else?
Reply 26
Hi everyone! I've just found out I'm in halifax as well, as everyone else has said I was a little disappointed. I have to admit though after reading what people had to say it dusnt look too bad. I'm in lindley court room F22 (anyone know wha tht means in english?) im proper lukin forward to it now! (i was actually considerin requestin a transfer to a campus college just because of the things ive herd bout halifax)
anyway cya all there
Reply 27
If you're in House F then you're my neighbour, I shall be next door in House E, so will be seeing you in a couple of weeks.
Reply 28
Last year I was in Eden's court, think a little bit you do miss out because people don't tend to mix as much because I was in a tiny cottage lol with full time nursing students, but everyone has a different experience and it's just about making the effort wherever you live. Lots of people I know used to live in halifax and loved it.
Reply 29
Got my letter today. I'm in Lindley Court House E Room 23. So close to you both.
Facebook: Rafal Giedroyc
I just found out that in im House F on Younger Court!!
jamie_nutter
I just found out that in im House F on Younger Court!!

You found out how to work TSR, then? Welcome :smile:

Joanna x
Reply 32
only just got my letter, i'm in st lawrence court - house F - floor 2 - room 3 :smile:
Reply 33
Facebook group for Lindley Court 07 Freshers
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28620400600
Reply 34
hey wiz88 n jamie_nutter, looks like we're gona be neighbours! Lindley house f, floor 2, room 2. im bringin ****-loads of vodka n whiskey on the first nite if anyone wants in
Reply 35
I'm in. :biggrin: Join Lindley Facebook group if you have a facebook account.
Reply 36
wiz88
only just got my letter, i'm in st lawrence court - house F - floor 2 - room 3 :smile:

Im in St Lawrence Court too. Just got my letter and I'm in RoomSL/N02. No idea what that means but i'm so excited to go now!!!!!
Reply 37
becky xxx
Im in St Lawrence Court too. Just got my letter and I'm in RoomSL/N02. No idea what that means but i'm so excited to go now!!!!!

it means your in house N first floor room 2, i think :smile:

the houses are arranged like this,
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/lost989/halifax_map_large1.jpg

see you all there :smile:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20853875760

The facebook group for Halifx st lawrence '07!
Reply 39
hannah-louise123
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20853875760

The facebook group for Halifx st lawrence '07!

Haha, I'm an Admin in that group. =)

Yeah, I was disappointed about being in halifax, it's a mile away from department (measured using google maps) and I was looking forward to uni life, which would be going on, on the the campus.

I'm sure it'll be fine though, I just wanted to live on campus and I'm worrying about it limiting the number of good friends I'll make seeing as I'm cut off from the main part of the uni.

I'll see how it goes.

I'm in St. Lawrence Court, room Q24. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending