The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Maybe once every month or something, to get my hair cut (mum's a hairdresser), get my clothes washed, and eat some decent food.. lol.
Reply 2
as little as possible!! Just kidding, I don't know really but I only anticipate going home twice at the most between going next week and Christmas - when i actually get there? who knows, might be more often
Reply 3
im not planing on going home- too expensive! but i invited my parents to come up half way through the first term
I am planning to spend about 5 nghts a week at my mums house. I find it unacceptable that I am expected to cook my own food, and put my own duvet cover on etc.:rolleyes:

I also like my bed better at home.
Reply 5
I probably wont go home that often really.

I'll be at uni 5 days a week and working one day, would rather chilax on a sunday then have to get the train home and have my mother shout at me cause i'm not taking care of myself or whatever. Not worth the £6.15 lol

If I get a bit lonely though I'll probably invite my parents up for the day and we can go shopping and I'll wear really minging clothes haha and guilt them into buying me some more...oh how i wish that would really happen.
Reply 6
Last year worked out with no regularity whatsoever. Just depended what was on here, what was on there, etc. Why bother planning something like that? Just see how it goes.
Reply 7
My parents want me to come home like once every 2 weeks. I'd prefer once a month tbh, with maybe my parents coming up for a meal or something occasionally. The problem is I'm going to uni in London, and my parents come to London quite often. Oh well, at least they can help me with my shopping. :p:
Reply 8
At holidays and the odd weekend probably. Have to see when I get there I suppose.
Reply 9
erm.. for the beginning.. im not looking to go home unless i fotgot to bring something... after that... probs when i get bored/ homesick... but not plannin on going home too often.. bin home long enuf :tongue:
Reply 10
Every weekend. I was planning on staying at home for university but one subject messed that up so until I can get a transfer back home I will be on that train every Friday night and going back Monday mornings! And maybe throwing a sickie Monday morning to get out of going back :wink:
I don't want to go home that much. I think just going home at Christmas, Easter and Summer (of course!) should be enough. My parents might come to visit me. And you know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. So perhaps my parents will be so happy to see me in the rare times that I may go home they'll shower me with love and presents (I won't hold my breath though:rolleyes: ).
Reply 12
My parents work 30 minutes away from my uni which is handy because its still a fair drive to put them off coming to see me, but not too far for when food deliveries are required. And my dad also goes to a show which is held a 2 minuite walk from my accomodation once a month, which isnt so bad.
Well, if I ever did want to go home I would have to take a plane so yeah, I go home every holiday. I can take the overnight boat, which takes about 12 hours and costs about £60+ if I ever did miss home, but yeah, i'm just going to have to stick it out.

Foreign student!
Once a year, I suppose. Foreign student!
Reply 15
Andy Pipkin
I am planning to spend about 5 nghts a week at my mums house. I find it unacceptable that I am expected to cook my own food, and put my own duvet cover on etc.:rolleyes:

I also like my bed better at home.

:rofl:
I thought your mum was coming up every weekend anyway?

I'm planing to just go home for the holidays. Certainly for the first term, after that we'll see. My family might come up for a half term holiday or something.

Latest

Trending

Trending