The Student Room Group

work experience for vets

Hi I was just wondering whether anyone knew any god places for work experience for want to be vets who are 16. This would also need to be in Newcastle. Open to any suggestions thanks
Honor. :smile:
Have you tried using RCVS Find a Vet? Just pop in your postcode and they'll bring up a list of places :smile:

Have a look at the resources thread stickied at the top of the forum as well. That has links to websites to help you find many placements including lambing, stud farms, poultry etc etc
Original post by honor preston
Hi I was just wondering whether anyone knew any god places for work experience for want to be vets who are 16. This would also need to be in Newcastle. Open to any suggestions thanks
Honor. :smile:

try vets4pets. Theyre everywhere! I'm currently doing my work experience, every sunday at vets4pets, and it is valuable experience! just email the practise with your cv, and ask if they can take u on. good luck! xx
Reply 3
Original post by honor preston
Hi I was just wondering whether anyone knew any god places for work experience for want to be vets who are 16. This would also need to be in Newcastle. Open to any suggestions thanks Honor. :smile:
i know this is very late but did you find anything? i’m looking for the same thing in the same area
Reply 4
Original post by lmouille
i know this is very late but did you find anything? i’m looking for the same thing in the same area

With a gap of six years plus COVID, whether they found anything or not would have no bearing on your chances. However do as has been suggested and phone/ visit as many vets as possible.
Animal handling and husbandry in a non clinical situation is also valuable, so try lambing, catteries, kennels, and stables.
Original post by lmouille

As suggested previously, try RCVS Find a Vet to search for practices in the area :smile: Westway have a number of branches in the area, including one in Newcastle. Be sure to look for husbandry (e.g. stables, dog/cat rescue, lambing, dairy) and large animal placements too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending