The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
does your college look at your SAQ, and thus find out the reasons why you applied to cambridge/that college/for that subject? Or is it for general data collection/surveying purposes??? If the college does read it, I feel tempted to leave my CAF personal statement blank
Yup, from London! Took me 1 hr 30 mins to get there, but who cares, I didn't have any lessons today anyway :wink: At least I have my peace of mind back :p:
Our school only sent them off TODAY, so...no. They've paid £208 for a courrier to deliver them...all because of the bloody strikes! :frown:
jonnythemoose
Our school only sent them off TODAY, so...no. They've paid £208 for a courrier to deliver them...all because of the bloody strikes! :frown:

Mine too, but I have absolutely no sympathy for my school because they should have done them two weeks ago, when they gave us an internal deadline to hand them in.
Well, at least your schools paid for couriers. If I let my school post my CAF they'd have posted it by Royal Mail on Friday - when I suggested they use a courier service they looked at me like I was stupid or something :s-smilie:
Reply 305
Excalibur
Well, at least your schools paid for couriers. If I let my school post my CAF they'd have posted it by Royal Mail on Friday - when I suggested they use a courier service they looked at me like I was stupid or something :s-smilie:

Thats what happened to me when I suggested my school use something better than the US Postal Service/Royal Mail...but yet that is how my stuff is heading over there :frown:. Hopefully it is there by now.
Reply 306
nothing from new hall yet :/
Reply 307
mmhmm
does your college look at your SAQ, and thus find out the reasons why you applied to cambridge/that college/for that subject? Or is it for general data collection/surveying purposes??? If the college does read it, I feel tempted to leave my CAF personal statement blank

Firstly: Why bring up a thread from over a year ago when there are threads on the exact same subject from this year's admissions cycle?

And secondly, yes, of course they read it. Things I had written on it were mentioned at interview.
Reply 308
LOL brilliant excalibur! You live in London as well lol, where did u get on?:smile:
Reply 309
That's pretty sad, why would you not just dump it at the plodge?
That's pretty sad, why would you not just dump it at the plodge?

lol that's what I was planning at first but the porters just told me to take it straight there.
Reply 311
*Liana*
I waffled on (in an organised, succinct manner, of course) about why I wanted the Cambridge course, why I wanted to go to Trinity and how I would love to study in such a great institution... it was sort of corny but I actually did mean it. For my subject it was useful as the ps is spent going on about how much work experience you've done and your communication skills and teamwork and so forth - this was an opportunity to say why I was applying, especially as for Medicine the Cambridge course type is now quite unusual.

If you have something extra to say about why Cambridge or why this college, go for it. But don't feel you have to write something.

Hi, i was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your experience, applying to do medicine at trinity, as i am thinking of doing the exact same thing and would really appreciate your advice :smile:
Reply 312
mtgsgirl
Hi, i was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your experience, applying to do medicine at trinity, as i am thinking of doing the exact same thing and would really appreciate your advice :smile:

I am not sure what you mean by 'sharing my experience' - I've talked about various different parts of my application on the forum over time. If you want to ask me specific questions then go ahead, though I'd prefer they were asked in the Trinity or Medics thread so that more people than just me could answer (I applied several years ago).

Latest

Trending

Trending