The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I wouldn't have thought it'd be a good idea to say it implicitly, but obviously say both why you like theology and philosophy in your P.S. as talking about theology wouldn't look too out of place to the other (non-Oxford) unis. I may well be wrong though, however rare an occurrence that is...
Reply 2
What I would do is write in the UCAS personal statement purely about philosophy, and on the separate Oxford Application Form write about your interest in theology in the "additional information" box (it is designed pretty much for that).
Reply 3
cheers guys :smile:
Reply 4
i dont think that's what the additional info bit's for though to be honest. i'd write about both, but put more weighting on the philosphy bit
Reply 5
well on websites like studential, they say not to bother writing about the second subject if you are only looking to study it at a couple of your university choices. so im not too sure about that really
Reply 6
when i applied for joint honours, i was told that it's understood that not all universities offer joint honours or the same joint honours courses; you can focus more on one side of the course if you're applying for it as a single honours course at other unis.

i applied for history and english at oxford and two other unis, and the rest of my choices were english; so i wrote an english personal statement and used the additional info box on the oxford form to talk about history. it was fine, i got an interview.
Reply 7
You are applying for the same course; joint honours at Oxford and a single honours everwhere else. You could get away with just stating your interest in Philosophy and Oxford wouldn't really worry too much. If you were applying for History at Oxford but English everywhere else then you'd need to use the "Additional Information" box on the OAF to explain why this was. You love to complicate things Chim. :p:
Reply 8
Pippaaa
when i applied for joint honours, i was told that it's understood that not all universities offer joint honours or the same joint honours courses; you can focus more on one side of the course if you're applying for it as a single honours course at other unis.

i applied for history and english at oxford and two other unis, and the rest of my choices were english; so i wrote an english personal statement and used the additional info box on the oxford form to talk about history. it was fine, i got an interview.

I'm telepathic, I so didn't read this post before writing mine! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending