The Student Room Group

PS

Can you use the same personal statement if you are reapplying to same unis with some small alterations of course
Original post by Elwee
Can you use the same personal statement if you are reapplying to same unis with some small alterations of course

Hi @Elwee,

I hope you're keeping well.

From my understanding, you can use the same personal statement if you are reapplying to the same universities with some small alterations. However, it is important to make sure that your personal statement is still relevant to your current situation and that you have updated it to reflect your recent experiences. Personally, however, I'd recommend changing it up so as to improve it, be more current, and to also minimise the risk of it being rejected. I've heard some stories of students reusing their personal statements and being fine, other stories which aren't so kind, especially for medicine.

Highlight your recent achievements. If you have achieved anything significant since you last applied, such as getting good grades in your exams or especially gaining relevant work experience, etc., be sure to mention it in your personal statement. It never hurts, and only improves your statement.
Address any weaknesses in your previous application. If there was anything in your previous application that you felt could have been improved, such as your writing skills or your ability to articulate your reasons for wanting to study at the university, take this opportunity to address it.
Make sure your personal statement is still relevant to the course you are applying for. If you are reapplying to a different course (which I imagine you are, but you never know :biggrin:), or if the course requirements have changed since you last applied, be sure to update your personal statement to reflect this.

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative
Yes, you can use an identical statement if you wish. Hopefully you have at least a little relevant activity to add.

Quick Reply

Latest