The Student Room Group

CSM interview

I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers when it comes to the CSM art and design foundation interview!
I would LOVE some help!! ♥
thanks!:smile:
Heya! Just to say there is no interview any more- it's just a portfolio assessment....
Reply 2
Confidence in yourself and your portfolio. It's quality not quantity.

Good luck! When is it?
alextcostello
I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers when it comes to the CSM art and design foundation interview!
I would LOVE some help!! ♥
thanks!:smile:

yeh i got some, dont go...

CSM foundation is *******s. (unless you want to do fashion)

Heya! Just to say there is no interview any more- it's just a portfolio assessment....

true CSM style....lazy
message to whoever said my post was negative and unhelpful.

whatever... im showing the poor kid that CSM is a rather pathetic college nowadays, one of the worst ones to go to if you want to study fine art.

ive got alot of nasty things to say about it, but people do go there, and probably will read this comment, and i dont want to offend them because...its pretty hard to get into, and its still a respected art college. Atleast they got into it. If you on the other hand do go there, well i guess it pretty much proves my point....your a grumpy person and are probably suited to CSM.

put a smile on your bonnet and cheer up dear....
Reply 5
Pesky_Postmodernist
message to whoever said my post was negative and unhelpful.

whatever... im showing the poor kid that CSM is a rather pathetic college nowadays, one of the worst ones to go to if you want to study fine art.

ive got alot of nasty things to say about it, but people do go there, and probably will read this comment, and i dont want to offend them because...its pretty hard to get into, and its still a respected art college. Atleast they got into it. If you on the other hand do go there, well i guess it pretty much proves my point....your a grumpy person and are probably suited to CSM.

put a smile on your bonnet and cheer up dear....

YES IT WAS NEGATIVE AND UNHELPFUL! GO HATE SOME WHERE ELSE!!!!!

1) What does me being grumpy have to do with anything
2) Have you gone to CSM?
3) I don't want to do Fine art, I want to do Art and design
4) Maybe you need to open up your mind and get that pole out of your ass
5) They told me that they are still doing interviews
Reply 6
Yeppo

Good luck! When is it?

Thank you for your help!! I haven't been given my date yet.
I'll remember your advise tho, seeing as you did get in!
Kingston > CSM, in my humble opinion.
Reply 8
Depends what course. CSM has an ever growing bad reputation for foundation courses (which i would argue against in Byam Shaw's case - I love it). But for fashion or even just world wide prestige then Kingston is nowhere near CSM.
Yeppo
Depends what course. CSM has an ever growing bad reputation for foundation courses (which i would argue against in Byam Shaw's case - I love it). But for fashion or even just world wide prestige then Kingston is nowhere near CSM.

Reputation means sod all if you're work is crap and you've had next to no tutor advice or help over the entire foundation course.
CSM students all remain nice and comfortably up their backsides for about 4 years because they're praised for everything they do no matter how ridiculous or prententious it is. You try applying anything I've seen at their exhibitions in the real world and out of the context of CSM it just looks ridiculous. A hand full of people do well out of CSM from what I've seen because they're motivated and extremely ambitious. If you're going there purely on their repuation then you can't care a hell of a lot about your work if you want to get places in the creative industry by just saying 'I went to CSM, so give me a job'
CSM cover their tracks by just listing past alumni but when you hear what the students have to say you quickly realise it's not the 'prestigious' place it makes out to be.
Reply 10
I love how people get so patriotic to their own colleges :wink:
So just a question LadyEnglish (not meaning to be mean)- but why have you said previously that you are applying to CSM for foundation if this is what you think??
I mean fair enough if you're not applying anymore- but otherwise I can't help but be curious and ask the obvious question??
thebourneartist
So just a question LadyEnglish (not meaning to be mean)- but why have you said previously that you are applying to CSM for foundation if this is what you think??
I mean fair enough if you're not applying anymore- but otherwise I can't help but be curious and ask the obvious question??

Honestly, because of its reputation. But that decision was made months ago before I visited the college and heard what students really think about it.
When I visited I just found loads of judgemental people who didn't want to offer any advice and i generally got a very snobbish feel from the place.
I've read quite a lot about what the students have to say about the foundation course and it all seems to boil down to barely no tuition. I'm not one to just follow a crowd and make big decisions based on a few other people's opinions but what I've seen of for example Kingston and Chelsea just seems miles better in people and staff.
It seems a tad pointless I have to admit putting down any foundation course as inevitably the students on that course are going to jump right to it's defence but i do feel quite strongly that CSM says it offers more than it has and relies way too heavily on it's 'reputation'.
Reply 13
Original post by Freud

Good luck! When is it?

How many interviewers will assess my portfolio?

Quick Reply

Latest