The Student Room Group

Traumatised! Saw a cat get killed this morning!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jin3011
On the way to work I see a cat run across the road, only to get struck under the wheel of the car in front. I could just see it frantically squirming in pain with blood coming from its mouth. I started panicking in the taxi I was in, yet the driver took no notice; everyone continued as if nothing had happened!
I know these kinds of things happen often and the cat would've died as a result of its extensive injuries or have been put out of its misery if someone had taken it to the vets as an emergency. Yet I can't seem to get the images out of my head of what I saw, and I feel extremely guilty in that I could've done something to help it.
I have 3 cats myself, and this incident just tore my heart!
I came here because something like this just happened to me and its messed my head up ( I am early 50`s). I meet a beautiful tortshell cat on my way to Tesco near my house, she is only a year old and comes to say hello to me. Went to Tesco Sunday afternoon at 3 pm and saw a few people standing over a still cat on the pavement, she had literally just been hit by a car seconds before, and yes, it was her. Her eyes dilated while I was with her so she had just gone. The owners came out and were devastated, its a cul-del-sac so not a fast area. She was such a beautiful cat. Cant get the image out of my head, such a terrible waste. It has made me very upset. Don't want to walk that way again to the shop. We wrapped her in a coat and took her home , ruined my weekend ( and year) .
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest