The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
thats a stupid idea, why one earth would you want to do something like that?
Reply 2
Go for it...perhaps I should get Justice as a first name.
lol.

change it to King.
Reply 4
damn. you got there first.

i was going to be 'his royal higness'
Reply 5
Oof, that's a tough one. I'm tempted to say you won't be allowed, because in a way it is impersonation, although I'm not entirely sure. My friends always made jokes about me changing my first name to Max or something (ignoring the minor gender issues), because my surname's Power.. :p:
You cannot do this legally by deedpoll.

You are misleading others by having your name as a title, such as naming oneself Lord ... etc.
well as people are gonna be King I guess I'm just gonna have to go for emperor then :p:
Reply 8
it was just an idle thought, wanted to know if it can be legally done
suuuuuuseh
Oof, that's a tough one. I'm tempted to say you won't be allowed, because in a way it is impersonation, although I'm not entirely sure. My friends always made jokes about me changing my first name to Max or something (ignoring the minor gender issues), because my surname's Power.. :p:

maxine!
Reply 10
If they don't allow you try Doctorr or something :wink:
or go german

doktor

of go silent letters

ppppdocktor
Reply 12
^^ Strangely reminds me of a class mate, spelt his name as

Nghdahanjim, pronounced ''guvnim''
M.A.H
^^ Strangely reminds me of a class mate, spelt his name as

Nghdahanjim, pronounced ''guvnim''

Must've been a fun one for the teachers.
Reply 14
you bet it was, ppl used to call him Nee-gada-honey-jim, twas hilarious looking back
Reply 15
LonelyDogsBite
You cannot do this legally by deedpoll.

You are misleading others by having your name as a title, such as naming oneself Lord ... etc.

is that true? i know someone who changed his name, legally, to general megatron bison.
Reply 16
Hylean
is that true? i know someone who changed his name, legally, to general megatron bison.

Megatron is hardly a "title" in the real world.
Reply 17
Or you could just get a doctorate.

:smile:
Go for "Doqtor" or something - anyone reading it would see through it, but you could still verbally introduce yourself as Doctor.
Perhaps sometime in the future I can change my name to some thing like F___ C___ Dick or 19219829.

Latest

Trending

Trending