The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Raj.King
Hi, a couple of question:

1) If you apply with 4 A-Levels would you get a conditional offer based on 4 A-levels or just on 3....So would they say AAA or AABB etc
2) Can you apply with 4 A-Level get a conditional offer then drop an A-Level or would you have to take it up

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Last year I applied with 4 A-levels, and got offers based on three - eg. AAA.. The offer is what you need to get, so I don't think it matters if you have three or four then...
Reply 2
...but if you drop one, you have to inform the universities, and as far as I know, they have the right to withdraw your offer if you were to drop a subject without their permission.
Reply 3
*River
...but if you drop one, you have to inform the universities, and as far as I know, they have the right to withdraw your offer if you were to drop a subject without their permission.

The "best" thing here - if you find that you just can't cope with doing all 4 to a good standard - is to let one go, but still do the exam... If they've offered you AAA and you get AAAD you've basically made your offer...
^^ true true!! if you can't cope, don't work for it, and turn up to the exam, sit through it and get a U. you won't even have to declare that in the future and it won't even be certificated.
Reply 5
So if you apply with 4 A-Levels and get an offer for 3 A-Level; it does not matter one bit, what you get in the other A-Level?
You've just told us in another thread you are doing three A2s and thinking of dropping to two.
Reply 7
Raj.King
So if you apply with 4 A-Levels and get an offer for 3 A-Level; it does not matter one bit, what you get in the other A-Level?

No, it doesn't.

But you can get alternative offers based on 4 A-levels.
For example, I have an offer with AAB (from 3) or ABBC (from 4).
Maybe that's because I'm doing 5 though.

Latest

Trending

Trending