The Student Room Group

A2 grades

Hi,

Well I'm a post A-level applicant and I'm just reapplying, but I've become slightly confused about the education part of the UCAS form. I should hopefully be re-applying for pharmacy this year.

I declined one of my A2 grades (cash-in codes have been entered) to raise it from a B to an A (only 14 marks off). I will be retaking two modules this January but I'm confused what I have to do on my UCAS form. I've tried to put down as "pending" but it says "Grade is mandatory for completed examinations" so what should I put down?

Do I have to put down the A2 grade "B" what I got in August 2007 and then put the same A-level down but for August 2008 but put "pending" for that?

I'm currently on my gap year, not retaking the year at college just retaking two modules how do I make sure they know that?

I've tried looking for the answer but can't seem to find it anywhere. Any advice particularly people who are in the same position would be greatly appeciated, I apologise in advance if you've answered this question before but I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks! :smile:

root
If you are retaking the modules, then you have not completed the A Level, so don't enter it with a grade.
Reply 2
Ignore the declined A Level, and put it down once with pending for all the grades and no module info
Reply 3
I'm still slightly confused, do I put "pending" down for August 2007 or August 2008 when I get my certificates?

Can anybody help? Thanks!
Reply 4
Sorry I keep insisting but I need an answer, its quite urgent.

I have another friend on a gap year what they've done is put "pending" down for their declined A2 grades in August 07 and then put down she was part time student and put "pending" down for August 2008. But when I put down "pending" for my August 2007 grades it says "Grade is mandatory for completed examinations" :s-smilie:

Is that correct? I need an official answer please, sorry to bump the thread.

Also, on a side note I've done most of my personal statement just got to add what I'm doing in my gap year, how much am I expected to write? I'm using the personal statement I used last year as a base but just adding what I'm doing this year that ok, or do I have to change it completely.

I'm hoping to send it off by the end of this week :wink:

It's totally related to the degree course I want to apply for, just fyi. :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

root
Reply 5
I was in a similar situation, so I phoned UCAS.

My problem was that I'm cashing in my grades in January 2008, but I was down on the form as having left college in August 2006, so I got that 'grade is mandatory' thingy.

UCAS told me I had to change the dates I attended my college and extend it to Jan 2008, even though I'm no longer there, which would enable to put 'pending' down. Wasn't too happy about it as didn't want to look like I was still at college, but I just made the point clear in my PS and got my referee to do the same in their reference.

Hope this helps, quote me in this thread if you have any more questions (if I didn't make it clear enough).

As for your PS... I was able to tie-in my gap year plans to my general PS as it connects to my course. But I also put a paragraph at the bottom with a gist of 'I decided not to enter Higher Educaton straight after Sixth Form because.... bla bla bla' which enabled me to explain it all.
Reply 6
Aspect
I was in a similar situation, so I phoned UCAS.

My problem was that I'm cashing in my grades in January 2008, but I was down on the form as having left college in August 2006, so I got that 'grade is mandatory' thingy.

UCAS told me I had to change the dates I attended my college and extend it to Jan 2008, even though I'm no longer there, which would enable to put 'pending' down. Wasn't too happy about it as didn't want to look like I was still at college, but I just made the point clear in my PS and got my referee to do the same in their reference.

Hope this helps, quote me in this thread if you have any more questions (if I didn't make it clear enough).

As for your PS... I was able to tie-in my gap year plans to my general PS as it connects to my course. But I also put a paragraph at the bottom with a gist of 'I decided not to enter Higher Educaton straight after Sixth Form because.... bla bla bla' which enabled me to explain it all.

I phoned UCAS today too, they said to do sort of the same thing but I've had to do something slightly different.

Instead of extending the date I finished college they told me to add my school again but say its from "March 08" to "March 08". And put down that I had "part-time" attendance. So then I can put "pending" for when I get my grade.

I think I had to put down March when I get my grades cashed-in but I was thinking off putting January when I take my resit. :s-smilie:

I've tried this method but it doesn't seem to work I might be doing something wrong though. :s-smilie: I've tried to put "pending" down but it still comes up with the "mandatory" message thingy.

Do I have to put "June 07" to "March 08" (when my grades cash-in) and then put "part-time" attendance. Is that right? :s-smilie:

Can anybody clarify? Thanks! :smile:

P.S. When it says "Employer name" do I put their actual name or the name of the company?

root

Latest

Trending

Trending