The Student Room Group

do i look like a typical asian guy?

Scroll to see replies

Nyrus
the reason that i care is because im trying to break into the modeling industry and i don't think i would get much work looking how i did

My mate is asian. He looks like a typical asian and hes a model.

Seriously mate, dont worry. If you dont like the way you look, simply shave off your hair, grow a beard and wear skinny trousers + waistcoats.

I'm sure you'll feel different then innit.
i think the earring and the beard are kinda hot lol.
Reply 22
And now im starting to think that i look like a typical asian guy.. Ah well, i guess nothings going to stop my aunties pinchin my cheeks and messin up my hair.. and then question why im not studying medicine at uni.. :biggrin:.. and to the thread starter.. get your portfolio ready and then maybe send them into the typical asian magazines etc.. nothings wrong with the look
Reply 23
lilac!!
Yes you look like a typical asian bloke.

u had to comment:wink:
:cool: sideburns, might get them.
Reply 25
B.Dot
And now im starting to think that i look like a typical asian guy.. Ah well, i guess nothings going to stop my aunties pinchin my cheeks and messin up my hair.. and then question why im not studying medicine at uni.. :biggrin:.. and to the thread starter.. get your portfolio ready and then maybe send them into the typical asian magazines etc.. nothings wrong with the look

dude is that heston library in the background by any chance?
B.Dot
Are you the OP's twin?? :eek:
SilverWings

:ditto:
Reply 28
ok this is exactly what i mean :P
Look at him, look at yourself, change the stuff that's the same, because that's what's making you a "typical asian guy" ;yes;
Add character?? He looks like every Asian guy I know!! It's making him blend in!!

^o)
I like the beard too.

Your lucky you have facial hair. Keep it! LOL :p:
Reply 32
Nyrus
dude is that heston library in the background by any chance?

Na mister, its the amazingly exciting UCL main library.. the books in the background are amazing bed time stories.. they do an amazing job at putting you to sleep.. btw, good luck with the offer at UCL..
Reply 33
SilverWings

As far as i know i only have one sister.. and thats it?.. as far as i know.. Whose this OP guy anyway?
Original Poster...

As in the guy that started the thread??
B.Dot
As far as i know i only have one sister.. and thats it?.. as far as i know.. Whose this OP guy anyway?

:rofl:

legend.
Reply 36
Lol.. haha.. Funny.. And nah, he's a distant cousin of mine.. my great uncle's wife Chandramooty's sister in law's son's wifes cousin.. (i dont even know if that makes him my cousin.. anyway).. No, he's not :smile:
Reply 37
Asian guy wants to become white? ... for uni? :redface:

Just keep it real man, keep the earing and the beard if you want to... and no self respecting man wants to become a model, forget that, set your aims in life a bit higher :wink:
Your picture doesn't look Asian at all actually. People would consider me the typical Asian girl though I'm half Filipino. But I don't believe anybody is "typical" or should be stereotyped into one label.
Reply 39
Mos Def
Asian guy wants to become white? ... for uni? :redface:

Just keep it real man, keep the earing and the beard if you want to... and no self respecting man wants to become a model, forget that, set your aims in life a bit higher :wink:

woah woah not at any point did i say 'i want to become white' i am a proud asian please do not make your own assumptions and as for you view towards male modeling that is your opinion but im afraid i do not share your view

Mos Def
'set your aims in life a bit higher'
did you not read my sig?

Quick Reply

Latest