The Student Room Group

Cambridge - GCSE

Im a year 11 student with some good grades and some bad, within a year i was able to go from 4s and 5s to 8s and 9s,

i have the following predicted grades in each subject (grades in bracket is current grade);
Maths 6 (5), English Lit 7 (6), English Lang 6 (5), Sociology 8 (8), History 8 (7), Citizenship 9 (9), Science 8-8 (8-7), Spanish 9 (8).

My big dream is getting into Cambridge, i believe by exam time i can jump each predicted up by 1 grade (3 for eng, with an exception in maths), now i know it is also more heavily based on a-levels however i do know GCSE plays a big part, does anyone here believe i can nicely secure Cambridge (if not - a good uni) with these???
Original post by 19nscarratt
Im a year 11 student with some good grades and some bad, within a year i was able to go from 4s and 5s to 8s and 9s,

i have the following predicted grades in each subject (grades in bracket is current grade);
Maths 6 (5), English Lit 7 (6), English Lang 6 (5), Sociology 8 (8), History 8 (7), Citizenship 9 (9), Science 8-8 (8-7), Spanish 9 (8).

My big dream is getting into Cambridge, i believe by exam time i can jump each predicted up by 1 grade (3 for eng, with an exception in maths), now i know it is also more heavily based on a-levels however i do know GCSE plays a big part, does anyone here believe i can nicely secure Cambridge (if not - a good uni) with these???

I guess it depends on your chosen subject but is also worth noting that past getting crazy A-level grades Cambridge does care too much about GCSE results unless they are really low. It really matters what you do for super-curriculars. You could even argue academic development and motivation stuff between GCSE and A-levels to suggest interest in your topic.
This is my mostly unqualified opinion but if you work hard enough and show enough interest and with a healthy dose of luck you stand a chance.

Quick Reply

Latest