The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

University has not yet confirmed my place?

I have a conditional offer with my firm and even tho I've sent my results, they didn't confirm or rejected my place. I have an unconditional offer with my insurance but I am NOT able to go over there so I've asked to release me which I am still waiting them to do. I've called the uni but the admission team is never available which is frustrating. Can I ask them to release me so I can try other universities ?
Original post by Adezo
I have a conditional offer with my firm and even tho I've sent my results, they didn't confirm or rejected my place. I have an unconditional offer with my insurance but I am NOT able to go over there so I've asked to release me which I am still waiting them to do. I've called the uni but the admission team is never available which is frustrating. Can I ask them to release me so I can try other universities ?

For some reason I thought you were an international student. Just contact admissions and stay on the phone. Do not leave until you get a clear idea of a response i.e within 24 hours.

Contact your insurance and ask them to release you if thats what you want. You can only enter clearing when they have released you and the above is sorted out.

You can make enquiries about clearing courses though.

ps it wasnt clear whether it was your firm or insurance you wanted the release from or both.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
For some reason I thought you were an international student. Just contact admissions and stay on the phone. Do not leave until you get a clear idea of a response i.e within 24 hours.

Contact your insurance and ask them to release you if thats what you want. You can only enter clearing when they have released you and the above is sorted out.

You can make enquiries about clearing courses though.

ps it wasnt clear whether it was your firm or insurance you wanted the release from or both.

As I didn't have a response from my firm, I wanted my insurance choice to release me so that I could have been eligible for clearing. I did call and they told me that as I am from EU (I used to live in Italy but I've been living in the UK for 2 years) I had to send my results to a different admission team but they didn't state this anywhere. I have sent it and hope they will be able to sort this out.
Original post by Adezo
As I didn't have a response from my firm, I wanted my insurance choice to release me so that I could have been eligible for clearing. I did call and they told me that as I am from EU (I used to live in Italy but I've been living in the UK for 2 years) I had to send my results to a different admission team but they didn't state this anywhere. I have sent it and hope they will be able to sort this out.

Just ask your insurance to release you. f confused speak to the international team.

No idea about your firm but chase them down and ask when and if you will get a decision as otherwise you need to be getting on with clearing.
Reply 4
Just ask your insurance to release you. f confused speak to the international team.

No idea about your firm but chase them down and ask when and if you will get a decision as otherwise you need to be getting on with clearing.

Exactly. I am chasing them as much as I can, hopefully I will get there. I did ask my insurance to release me but they said they're not able to as my firm has't released me. I just hope I can get it sorted asap
Original post by Adezo
Exactly. I am chasing them as much as I can, hopefully I will get there. I did ask my insurance to release me but they said they're not able to as my firm has't released me. I just hope I can get it sorted asap

You can start looking at clearing in the meantime.
Reply 6
You can start looking at clearing in the meantime.

Yeah will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending