The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's definetely worth it! If you've got a bit of a time and it's not something that you won't enjoy reading then go for it. If you can, make sure it's a 'classic' book though; the lecturer might take you reading, Lord Denning's book (s) as an indication that you have his kinds of views, which an interviewer might use.
Reply 2
young_free
It's definetely worth it! If you've got a bit of a time and it's not something that you won't enjoy reading then go for it.

That's what I had in mind but I know I have to be careful due to the nature of the topic. Perhaps mentioning awareness of certain issues and say in the personal statement that I read certain issues within the book or something.

young_free
If you can, make sure it's a 'classic' book though; the lecturer might take you reading, Lord Denning's book (s) as an indication that you have his kinds of views, which an interviewer might use.

Yes I was thinking of reading that book instead of the other two, which everybody seems to read. On the same basis for views I could use HLA Hart's "Concept of Law".

Thanks!
Reply 3
I'm sure you've said before but where are you applying again?
Reply 4
young_free
I'm sure you've said before but where are you applying again?

I'm thinking of KCL, UCL, Liverpool so far at the moment.

Latest

Trending

Trending