The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants + freshers chat thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nbhjbmnjn
Why is there no sociable daytime freshers events where you can meet people? The same things are on everyday and they're all things such as learning how to use the printer and finance support etc. No where to meet people!

Hi,

The main event is the Welcome Fair which is taking place today from 11am on our City Centre Campus, you'll be able to meet lot's of people there and sign up to societies where you'll have chance to meet new people too :h:

There's also sports activities etc happening throughout the week, you can find the timetable online here including day time trips to Thorpe Park, Stratford, Oxford and meet ups at our SU pub on campus - so plenty of opportunities! There's more about daytime events here.

Thanks,

Lydia
(edited 5 years ago)
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
hi I would like to apply to ODP. Could i Have more info. How many places do you usually hold? Also any tips for interview. Thanks
Original post by Anisa2805
hi I would like to apply to ODP. Could i Have more info. How many places do you usually hold? Also any tips for interview. Thanks

Hi Anisha2805,

There's lots more information about Operating Department Practice on our website here. It's difficult to say how many places are on the course as it may differ each year, but if you'd like tips on interviews and application, just select the 'Fees and How to Apply' tab on the cousre page and you'll find tips and videos with lots of avice for your applciation.

Thanks,

Lydia
Reply 203
Hi..I already have unconditional offer letter for MA fine arts Sep'19 in BCU. Need suggestions to make it a perfect choice. A little insight would help. If anyone has any idea about it or any help from your friends of friends n fnds......about this course in BCU! We're previous students able to kick start their career in UK in fine arts.. ? Opportunities for international students?
Original post by 171300
Hi..I already have unconditional offer letter for MA fine arts Sep'19 in BCU. Need suggestions to make it a perfect choice. A little insight would help. If anyone has any idea about it or any help from your friends of friends n fnds......about this course in BCU! We're previous students able to kick start their career in UK in fine arts.. ? Opportunities for international students?

Hi 171300,

I've just replied to your private message, so hopefully this helps. Also if you want to meet others starting in September, why not jump over to our 2019 Applicants thread?

Thanks,

Lydia
Reply 205
Hey Lydia, I posted there too. Hope to get some response. Thank you
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi 171300,

I've just replied to your private message, so hopefully this helps. Also if you want to meet others starting in September, why not jump over to our 2019 Applicants thread?

Thanks,

Lydia
Join this brand new group for nightlife/events in Birmingham for freshers!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2294060010817515/?ref=group_browse
anyone doing operating department practice and BCU?
Reply 208
Hi, I was wondering how long it takes for you to find out if you have an offer after applying on UCAS. (Applying for English and Creative Writing)
Original post by Rhibro
Hi, I was wondering how long it takes for you to find out if you have an offer after applying on UCAS. (Applying for English and Creative Writing)

Hi Rhibro,

There isn't really a standard response time for UCAS decisions, but you can usually expect a response within a couple of weeks. If you've still not heard after a couple of weeks and you want to follow up on your application, then you can contact the admissions team for our English courses on: School of English Admissions +44 (0)121 331 5150 / [email protected]

Hope this helps and good luck!

Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending