The Student Room Group

Does switching bank account type change account number/sort code?

Forgot to change my bank account to a student one, so I'm just wondering if I switch it now will it be a hassle with student finance/my landlord (as standing order form for rent has already been set up with my current account)?

Does anyone know if switching your account type (with the same provider) gives you a different account number and sort code?
Reply 1
Original post by UUJBSL
Forgot to change my bank account to a student one, so I'm just wondering if I switch it now will it be a hassle with student finance/my landlord (as standing order form for rent has already been set up with my current account)?

Does anyone know if switching your account type (with the same provider) gives you a different account number and sort code?

Your debit card number might chance, but if you stayed with the same bank your sort code and account numbers won't.
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Your debit card number might chance, but if you stayed with the same bank your sort code and account numbers won't.

Ah, that's relieving. Need to call into the bank on Monday then and sort that all out :colondollar: Thanks for your help!
Reply 3
So I’m In the process of switching banks so they are all under 1 bank will I get a new bank account number and sort code and card or will 1 card do them all

Latest

Trending

Trending