The Student Room Group

OXFORD - Wadham College Info?

I've just submitted my UCAS application for Wadham College at Oxford University but I've not had a chance to visit.
If you've been can you tell me anything about it that I might not know from the website/YouTube? Specifically, (I know this shouldn't be too big a deal, but I've not been able to find /anything/ on it!) what are the shared bathrooms like? ^_^
Original post by phoebecarys
I've just submitted my UCAS application for Wadham College at Oxford University but I've not had a chance to visit.
If you've been can you tell me anything about it that I might not know from the website/YouTube? Specifically, (I know this shouldn't be too big a deal, but I've not been able to find /anything/ on it!) what are the shared bathrooms like? ^_^

I am applying to Wadham College aswell :smile:, despite visitng Oxford twice I didn't visit it as a college. But just really liked it on google images and it has a good rep for veggie food, looks amazing, hosts events etc..

I think everyone you can find is online, but if you get an interview you will be able to visit it for yourself :smile:
Original post by SuperHuman98
I am applying to Wadham College aswell :smile:, despite visitng Oxford twice I didn't visit it as a college. But just really liked it on google images and it has a good rep for veggie food, looks amazing, hosts events etc..

I think everyone you can find is online, but if you get an interview you will be able to visit it for yourself :smile:

Yeah I love the idea that it's quite a friendly/sociable atmosphere, and I completely agree on the veggie food, though I've also heard dinners aren't very good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've spent most of my morning just looking at videos of it and it really does look beautiful ^_^ genuinely the only somewhat off-putting thing is the shared bathrooms, but I'll get over it.
That's true, fingers crossed then! :smile: what course did you apply for?
Yeah I love the idea that it's quite a friendly/sociable atmosphere, and I completely agree on the veggie food, though I've also heard dinners aren't very good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've spent most of my morning just looking at videos of it and it really does look beautiful ^_^ genuinely the only somewhat off-putting thing is the shared bathrooms, but I'll get over it.
That's true, fingers crossed then! :smile: what course did you apply for?

I wasn't at Wadham (I was over the fence in Harris) but my now-husband was, and we lived there together for a while, both in the college itself and then out in Merifield (Wadham's offsite accommodation) for a while. Also, Harris and Wadham have shared sports teams/societies, so I spent a lot of time there for other reasons too.

The bit about college dinners is sadly true.. they weren't a patch on ours. But the bit about the atmosphere is also true - it's a super-friendly and diverse college, and it's very pretty (the gardens especially). The shared bathrooms weren't that big a deal (and I'm not sure any college has en suites with every room). It's an awesome college - good luck with your application!
I am an oversea student and have received offer from Wadham College. Do anyone know how it is? And I also receive a scholarship from St Edmund Hall. Do anyone know how this college is? Which one should I choose? Could you give some advice:smile:
Reply 5
What course do you have an offer for, and what kind of scholarship at St Edmund Hall (normally known as Teddy Hall) offering you?
Original post by Glushko
What course do you have an offer for, and what kind of scholarship at St Edmund Hall (normally known as Teddy Hall) offering you?

I am awarded a scholarship called EPA cephalosporin scholarship at first year.

I'm at Wadham - is there anything that you'd like to know specifically?

My shared bathroom is a proper suite that is well maintained and handles the abuse shown to it by students.
Reply 8

Original post by Elaine5220
I am awarded a scholarship called EPA cephalosporin scholarship at first year.

It's my understanding that's a scholarship offered by Linacre College, rather than St Edmund Hall:

http://www.linacre.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/scholarships/epa-cephalosporin-scholarship

If it's a choice between Linacre and Wadham, your experience at the two would most likely be quite different - Wadham is a 'mixed' college, with around 2/3 of its students being undergraduates, while Linacre is a college for graduates only.
Oh, actually my scholarship seems to be offered by St Edmund hall rather than Linacre College.
Reply 10
Original post by colourtheory
I'm at Wadham - is there anything that you'd like to know specifically?

My shared bathroom is a proper suite that is well maintained and handles the abuse shown to it by students.

how many did you share it with? whats kitchen access like at wadham? also, i heard you dont have formal dinners - what does this mean exactly? also (you might not be able to answer this since apparantly it was built fairly recently), with the 2nd year accom, the dorothy wadham building, was its distance from the centre a massive inconvenienve or was it fine? tysmmm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending