The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Rayban
I got some coloured contacts today and when i put them in, i blink and they move up lol. :mad: How do i stop it from doing this? :frown:

Try sliding your lenses to the bottom or side of your eye (with clean fingers of course), and then blinking several times. They should centre on your eye. If they still keep moving up, then I'm not sure. Are they prescription lenses from your opticians, or just coloured with no prescription?
Reply 2
glance
Try sliding your lenses to the bottom or side of your eye (with clean fingers of course), and then blinking several times. They should centre on your eye. If they still keep moving up, then I'm not sure. Are they prescription lenses from your opticians, or just coloured with no prescription?

coloured with no prescription
I know it's dumb, but are they in properly?

I wear contacts and when I started wearing them I had that problem. I just started making sure they had attatched properly to my eye and the problem stopped.
Reply 4
FallenSpirit
I know it's dumb, but are they in properly?

I wear contacts and when I started wearing them I had that problem. I just started making sure they had attatched properly to my eye and the problem stopped.

yeh i thinks there in properlyu
it feels like they're scratching the top eye lid
Reply 5
Are you sure they're in the right way around? Sometimes when I put mine in backwards, they scratch at the lid and slide. Best way to tell is to place it on your finger and if the edges curl down slightly, you need to invert it.
Reply 6
K'uin K'ra
Are you sure they're in the right way around? Sometimes when I put mine in backwards, they scratch at the lid and slide. Best way to tell is to place it on your finger and if the edges curl down slightly, you need to invert it.

tried my eyes still water like hell
Reply 7
When you put them on, look up, and don't move your eyes around for aa few senconds, they need a while to settle down sometimes. That's what mine do if I blink too soon, or move my eyes around without waiting.
Reply 8
sneezyme
When you put them on, look up, and don't move your eyes around for aa few senconds, they need a while to settle down sometimes. That's what mine do if I blink too soon, or move my eyes around without waiting.

apparently its because i havnt soaked them long enough so they're not quite soft enough yet
Reply 9
Aaaah - are they the hard, non-disposable ones, then?
Reply 10
K'uin K'ra

No they're soft but im supposed to soak in it some solution for abit longer than i origionally did...
Reply 11
Awww poor you. I've got daily disposable soft contact lenses, so can't offer advice about the hard ones. Make sure though that as K'uin K'ra said you've got them the right way round (if you can feel the entire edge of them the whole way round then they're definitely inverted) and also make sure that you thoroughly washed your hands before you put them in - you don't want to get an infection. Also, don't soak them in tap water as this harbours bacteria that can make you go blind :eek:

If they're bothering you, then you MUST take them out! If you leave them in and there is something wrong with them and you rub your eyes you could make them very sore - not a good eye! Try and get them out without scratching your eyes and try not to let them go round the back of your eyeball!!! If you really struggle then it's probably best to pop down to A&E to remove them although they will probably only flush them out which you could do yourself - but that isn't always easy when you panic.

If it's your first time wearing them, then they will feel strange and probably irritated you. I don't know about non-prescription ones but believe you can get them from an optician which is the most sensible as they can teach you to put them in and remove them correctly. Additionally, contact lenses are not suitable for everybody!

Hope that helps and you feel better soon!
Reply 12
Coloured lenses only come in a narrow range of base curves and diameters, thus they will not be a perfect fit for most people's eyes and will keep moving around if they're not tight enough. You should go to an optician and get your eyes' base curves and diameters measured properly, then try other coloured contact lense companies to see if any of them make lenses which are the correct measurements for your eyes. If you find that they just don't feel right or make your eyes bloodshot, don't continue to wear them, as you could damage your eyes. I speak from bitter experience - pay attention to what your eyes are telling you, and accept that it might be the case that coloured contacts don't suit your eyes (though weirdly, I can wear daily normal contacts fine, but even Acuvue 1 Day Coloured lenses make my eyes red!)
I'm so glad I got contacts when I was 11. I now spend approximately 5 seconds a day putting them in and taking them out, and 0 seconds a day worrying about them......

:biggrin:
Reply 14
go to an optician and they'll be able to tell you if they fit properly and advise you on what to do..i have huge probs with my eyes cos i didn't look after my lenses properly. coloured ones may be fashionable but in the end you only have one pair of eyes so look after them
Reply 15
Go to an optician :biggrin:
K'uin K'ra

i only think you can get coloured contacts which are soft
Reply 17
Unfortunately you can get 'hard' coloured contacts that last for 6 months to 1 year; they let less oxygen through to your eyes and are therefore not to be worn lightly
Reply 18
Rayban
I got some coloured contacts today and when i put them in, i blink and they move up lol. :mad: How do i stop it from doing this? :frown:

Just don't blink for a few seconds. You will get used to putting them in eventually.
Reply 19
Rayban
tried my eyes still water like hell

Er you know to take them out before you do that don't you?

Edit

If you buy them from an optician you will get the right fit and they cost about the same. They will also make sure you know how to put them in / take them out and care for them.

You also get to try different colours before you buy.

Latest

Trending

Trending