The Student Room Group

Best university out of Sheffield Hallam and Birmingham City?

I love the Media and PR at both of these universities was wondering which one is better out of Sheffield Hallam and Birmingham City university?
Reply 1
From a purely location thing, go with Sheffield. Birmingham City Centre is pretty s*** and the uni is right in the middle, and if you finish late at night it's not great. BCU isn't a campus uni either so student life is prolly a little meh
Reply 2
I thought the student life in Birmingham would be better due to it being a large city especially the night life
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tixrna
I love the Media and PR at both of these universities was wondering which one is better out of Sheffield Hallam and Birmingham City university?

Hi @tixrna

I studied Media and back then I was struggling to pick a uni to study the course. But I graduated from Sheffield Hallam last year so it is only fair to share my course experience at Hallam. :h:

I enjoyed my course very much, the tutors was helpful in any coursework was set and I learned a lot more than I did when I studied it at A Level. But I get the sense you want to know more about Sheffield as a city. so let me know if want to know more about the course and I can talk more about it.

I've lived in Sheffield all my life and there is so much I haven't explored. Sheffield Hallam is based right in the centre so if you live in the city centre, that's where our City Campus is. Everything is a walk away, food, entertainment, culture and the nightlife. You'll probably be based in the City Campus for studying Media and PR but if you are wanting to see a greener view, you'll have to check out Collegiate Campus and explore the area around there, it's really nice. It is 20 minutes walk away but you can get the bus to there, it will be quicker.

If you want to see it for yourself, book onto our open day that's on the 25 November and you can explore both campus and see for yourself and you can speak to students who are in the courses.

Also are you wanting to move into halls or thinking of commuting? Let me know I can give you more advice or pass you on to someone who can give you the right answer you're looking for.

Reanne :biggrin:
Original post by tixrna

Hey tixrna,

The best thing to do is come and see for yourself! If you're free on Saturday we have an Open Day, or another on 25th November.

You should come and learn more about our industry links and media facilities that you'd get to use. We've also undergone a huge development on our City Centre Campus so there's a lot going on here with new accommodation and the SU, plus only a 5 minute walk from town so there's plenty of opportunity for a great social student life. I moved here for uni and never left because there's so mush to do in Birmingham.

If you have any questions about student life here just let us know, but we'd definitely recommend paying us a visit at an Open Day if you haven't already :h:

All the best,
Lydia

Quick Reply

Latest