The Student Room Group

Cambridge Law Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
tbernard321
i still have to take the test...in a different way. They are e-mailing me essay questions Wednesday that have to be turned in via email 5 am the day of my interview. i am not too stressed about that part... it's the interview I am stressing over, they having a huge range of things they could ask me about (my previous study abroad experience at Manchester, my 4 years of undergraduate study at my current university...it's a lot to prep for!)

I am applying from the USA (California to be exact, big 8 hour time difference with the UK). I am a second degree applicant, I'm graduating from my current uni this spring.

Fingers crossed....hope you are successful as well!

california! gosh how exciting! are you sure you'll cope with the weather here? :p: what are you 'majoring' in?

sorry to see that you didn't get out the exam :wink:
california! gosh how exciting! are you sure you'll cope with the weather here? :p: what are you 'majoring' in?

sorry to see that you didn't get out the exam :wink:

right now i am majoring in political science and history with a certificate in legal studies. i studied a semester of law at manchester last fall so i know i can cope with the weather. . . the only thing that sucks right now is that i have final exams to study for amidst trying to prep for this interview.
Reply 582
Well, I'm back home from Cambridge, and I'll be honest - not feeling too positive.

Good Luck everyoneeee! My number one tip is STAY CALM. I didn't and I feel it let me down!
Reply 583
Done. Home. I'll talk about it in a few days :yep:
Reply 584
Silvertongue
I do think, whatever type you get, there's no way to prepare :yes:

Totally agree.
Reply 585
i felt like i banged on for too long too. it's an easy trap to fall into. your interviewer may well be inclined to give you enough rope to hang yourself....
OO did anyone from TSR (this thread) end up meeting up in the end? :smile:
Silvertongue

I saw Isaac (Paine1) around, but that was it. :dontknow:
Silvertongue

I saw Paine1 too, and kalin2itsa.
ParadigmShift
I saw Paine1 too, and kalin2itsa.

Who's kalin2itsa?

I don't mean literally, since I probably wouldn't have recognised him/her anyway, but I don't recall seeing them post in this thread! :s-smilie:

Did you get an essay too?
Reply 590
I met up with Paine1 :yep:
Muppety_Kid
Who's kalin2itsa?

I don't mean literally, since I probably wouldn't have recognised him/her anyway, but I don't recall seeing them post in this thread! :s-smilie:

Did you get an essay too?

Erhm, I don't know if she ever posted in this thread but she messaged me as she was a fellow EB law applicant to Pembroke. :smile:

Yep I did, don't know if we got the same set though?

How did your interviews go? :smile:
Reply 592
:smile:
Reply 593
Had the best few days in Cambridge; I felt that the CLT went relatively well and that I was pushed in my first interview, but they certainly enjoyed playing devil's advocate against me and at one point I had to admit I was wrong. My 'general' interview went swimmingly, I had a really nice interviewer for that one.

Just wanted to say it was great to meet you all there!! You're all super and I really hope to see you in Cambridge next year – fingers crossed... the Eagle beckons...

becbec :)

ParadigmShift

muppety_kid
Paine1
Had the best few days in Cambridge; I felt that the CLT went relatively well and that I was pushed in my interview with but they certainly enjoyed playing devil's advocate against me and at one point I had to admit I was wrong. My 'general' interview went swimmingly, I had a really nice interviewer for that one.

Just wanted to say it was great to meet you all there!! You're all super and I really hope to see you in Cambridge next year – fingers crossed... the Eagle beckons...

I'll ditto that and wow it's great to see someone having awesome interviews! :smile: I also enjoyed mine as badly as they went :s-smilie:
ParadigmShift
Erhm, I don't know if she ever posted in this thread but she messaged me as she was a fellow EB law applicant to Pembroke. :smile:

Yep I did, don't know if we got the same set though?

How did your interviews go? :smile:

Ah, I see.

We did get the same questions - I went with the first one since it felt like it was the easiest! :p:

(Edited after seeing the warnings about interview discussion! :s-smilie:)
Reply 596
is it just me, or are male interviewers more intimidating than female ones? i was interviewed by both a male and female don at the same time. perhaps they were playing good cop, bad cop, but i found the man much scarier (and i'm a man myself)!
Reply 597
Muppety_Kid
Any idea who they were? I can't say since .......................................... for the Law (which is inevitably going to be harder and scarier)!

yup, but won't mention names on TSR just in case. i'm not a pembroke applicant so we wouldn't have had the same interviewers...

Hi, any chance you could edit the post I've quoted (in which you quote me) to remove the names of my interviewers? I've just seen the warning about discussing interviews (here) and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention them. :s-smilie:

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 599
done :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending