The Student Room Group

Cambridge Law Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I know what you mean - first thing I did was see how big and how thick the envelope was - it's deceptive.

Best of luck for tomorrow!
Reply 781
ingindustries
You would be surprised, we only interview 6 applicants per place at Kings, and the general rule across the faculty is to interview the top 85%, so actually it could have been a mistake! Plus Kings is fantastic of course.

Good Luck evryone! I had the benefit of sitting in some of the interviews at Kings this year, even doing a couple of interviews which I have to say was probarbly scarier than being the interviewee.

Bear in mind the applications were particulary strong this year, and don't worry if you got rejected.

Kings is fab, but I must say I'm over the moon with Trinity and wouldn't trade it for anywhere else. Point taken though.

Do tell, though, how is it scarier interviewing than being interviewed? interesting!!
Reply 782
WOOOOO Im the first non trinity!!!

I got my Offer from Clare ! ! ! just got home :biggrin:

Thank lord
Reply 783
I got an offer from St John's :biggrin:
I'm so happy, but did anyone else's letter basically imply that they're asking for 3 A*s? I'm a bit worried! Agg91-mine was two pieces of paper folded in a little envelope. I thought it was a rejection!
Reply 784
_tiggy_
I got an offer from St John's :biggrin:
I'm so happy, but did anyone else's letter basically imply that they're asking for 3 A*s? I'm a bit worried! Agg91-mine was two pieces of paper folded in a little envelope. I thought it was a rejection!

Congratulations! Though this does mean I'm going to have to hate you :sadnod:
My letter didn't imply that at all - it just said A*AA. What did yours say to give you that impression?

ac_1991
WOOOOO Im the first non trinity!!!

I got my Offer from Clare ! ! ! just got home :biggrin:

Thank lord

Congratulations! :clap2:
Clare is beautiful! I'll be coming to visit!
Reply 785
Haha yep good old Trintity/John's rivalry :smile: congrats to you too!

My letter says "This offer is subject to you attaining GCE A level grades AAA in any three of [my 4 subjects] and minimum UMS scores equivalent to or exceeding 90 per cent in the above subjects."
Reply 786
_tiggy_
Haha yep good old Trintity/John's rivalry :smile: congrats to you too!

My letter says "This offer is subject to you attaining GCE A level grades AAA in any three of [my 4 subjects] and minimum UMS scores equivalent to or exceeding 90 per cent in the above subjects."

Oh wow! That's not quite straight A*s - because for an A* you need 90% in your A2 and your AS can't help you.. but it seems they just want 90% average. Best of luck! At least you've got an offer!
Reply 787
Yeah, I suppose that's true, but I got about 90% at AS so I'd need the same again at A2 really :frown: I might email them to clarify or just wait until it comes through on my UCAS.

Thanks though :smile: I think I'm going to allow myself a day of happiness before I panic at least!
Reply 788
_tiggy_
Yeah, I suppose that's true, but I got about 90% at AS so I'd need the same again at A2 really :frown: I might email them to clarify or just wait until it comes through on my UCAS.

Thanks though :smile: I think I'm going to allow myself a day of happiness before I panic at least!

If you've done it once, I'm sure you'll be able to do it again :yep:
Best of luck!
Reply 789
becbec :)

Congratulations! :clap2:
Clare is beautiful! I'll be coming to visit!

HAHA thank you so much becbec, you too Congratulations, Im so happy!]:woo:

WELL DONE EVERYONE!

And youll be welcome to visit anytime :yes:
Offer :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

MASSIVE congrats to everyone who's gotten offers too so far!!! And commiserations to those who hasn't :frown: :frown: :frown:
Silvertongue

MASSIVE congrats to everyone who's gotten offers too so far!!! And commiserations to those who hasn't :frown: :frown: :frown:

Congratulations! :woo:

Law people are doing well this year.

I'm starting to really freak out from waiting.
Reply 792
Silvertongue

YAY!!
Congratulations!!
Which college was this for by the way? And what are your conditions?
We most certainly are going to have to have a TSR meet. And also.. I think someone should make a Cambridge Law 2010 Group on Facebook.
_tiggy_

Consider me on the John's team cos I'll be joining you @ John's! Got my offer letter this morning. I'm well excited :yes:

Although my offer is AAA....They didn't ask for any module marks. Wierd

Good luck everyone else

X
Reply 794
soladeinde
Consider me on the John's team cos I'll be joining you @ John's! Got my offer letter this morning. I'm well excited :yes:

Although my offer is AAA....They didn't ask for any module marks. Wierd

Good luck everyone else

X

Congratulations :clap2:
I'm seriously so happy for everyone!!

Except St. Johns :ninja:
Reply 795
Offer from Christ's!! A*AA.

Have never, ever been happier. Ever! Congratulations to everyone!
Thanks everyone and WELL DONEE to more people getting offers!!!!!! For those of you who havn't heard and have gotten post sans Cambridge news, I'd try ringing/emailing? And soladeinde, your offer was WHAT?! Mega jealous! But haha well done! :smile:
Reply 797
I rung up my college but there was no response,
I rung the cambridge general number and they said I'd have to phone the college to find out.......

will try again later. maybe :s-smilie:
hey guys =) I just got an offer from Corpus Christi College to get 1.2 in Abitur and 14 in English.
Honestly, 1.2 out of 1.0 (1.0 being the best grade) is not really realistic. even my predicted grades are in total of 1.3.
I wanted to ask if anyone of you knows what happens if I don't meet that offer?
because there is a huge difference between your AAA and AAA* while there is a much less difference between 1.2 and 1.3 because you get 1.3 if you have an average of 85 percent, and you only get an A with 85 percent, and you guys get A's with only 80 percent.
ANY suggestions?
I'm literally sad now =(
Reply 799
stvassileva
hey guys =) I just got an offer from Corpus Christi College to get 1.2 in Abitur and 14 in English.
Honestly, 1.2 out of 1.0 (1.0 being the best grade) is not really realistic. even my predicted grades are in total of 1.3.
I wanted to ask if anyone of you knows what happens if I don't meet that offer?
because there is a huge difference between your AAA and AAA* while there is a much less difference between 1.2 and 1.3 because you get 1.3 if you have an average of 85 percent, and you only get an A with 85 percent, and you guys get A's with only 80 percent.
ANY suggestions?
I'm literally sad now =(

hi ya, i'm not sure i know what abitur is. in any case if you feel that the offer is unrealistic because perhaps the admissions tutor are not familiar with your country's exam system, you ought to contact them and express your concerns. best wait a few days though, as term has yet to start and the admin team are probably completely overwhelmed!

the good news is you got an offer! well done! if i were you i'd celebrate for now and worry about the small print later...:woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending