The Student Room Group
Student relaxing in halls, University of Bolton
University of Bolton
Bolton

Enrolling to a new course at university AFTER failing one.

Hello everyone, I recently failed my second year of University studying Mathematics.

I tried and gave my best efforts, but I guess it wasn't enough as it lost all my chances to resit.

I'm now thinking of switching to do Computer Science as it was one of my other course options before entering University.
Is that at all possible?

I have the requirements for it in terms of college grades and UCAS points. Can I still use those qualifications to reapply for a new course?

I understand I can't blame anyone but myself here, but would really like to study again.

Reply 1
of course you can. dont give up man chase the dream. im in a similar position to you however i left in my first year because i didnt enjoy it, but now i am about to summit my application for 2018 entry.
Student relaxing in halls, University of Bolton
University of Bolton
Bolton
Original post by omw
of course you can. dont give up man chase the dream. im in a similar position to you however i left in my first year because i didnt enjoy it, but now i am about to summit my application for 2018 entry.

Thank you for responding :smile:. I'm glad to know it's possible.
I initially thought my college qualifications had expired (I finished college in 2015) so got slightly worried.
Hi @JustMaxThatsAll,

Sorry to hear that you didn't do as hoped in your Mathematics course.

Are you currently a student at the @UniversityofBolton/and or stopped doing your Mathematics degree?

If you are hoping to transfer onto another course, then your suitability would be judged on a case by case basis. This would be the same if you applied to another university, however this can vary so its best to discuss your situation with the university you hope to apply to.

Your qualifications from college will not have expired and universities would still consider them as part of your application.

Hope this helps,

Many thanks,

Leah
Marketing & Recruitment Officer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending