The Student Room Group

Mob burns down entire Hindu village in Bangladesh

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/bangladesh-village-prophet-mohammed-insulted-facebook-post-islam-muslim-south-asia-a8051841.html

Now Im not a fan of Hinduism, with their blue elephant gods and sacred cows and all, but surely burning an entire village just because one of the inhabitants insulted the Prophet Mo is a bit much?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No one was actually killed in the incident apart from someone shot by the police while they were looting the village. You make it seem like thousands of people, the entire population of village, was somehow destroyed just so that you can spread your Islamophobic agenda.
Ahh yes, because the sane thing to do when someone supposedly insults your faith is to go burn down a load of unrelated peoples houses.
I don't see why they had to burn the entire village when only one person actually insulted the prophet. Absolutely disgusting.
Original post by desaf1
No one was actually killed in the incident apart from someone shot by the police while they were looting the village. You make it seem like thousands of people, the entire population of village, was somehow destroyed just so that you can spread your Islamophobic agenda.

No one died I guess that makes it ok then
Reply 5
Not saying it's okay, what I'm saying is that it's not as big as he was suggesting
Original post by desaf1

People killed and seriously injured.

But hey, that's what happens when the Prophet is insulted. Seems like a fair trade.

Six or seven surrounding Muslim villages gang up and burn down a neighbouring village because of a Facebook rumour.

This seems to have started over a land dispute and one of the parties accused of defamation in order to stir up hatred against religious minorities in a Muslim majority country.

Sounds like tit-for-tat Rohingya outbursts.
Reply 7
Before everyone starts getting their panties in a twist about the perceived evils of Islam again its worth you researching the **** Muslims cop in India from Hindu's and Sikh's as well.
Sighhh...
Religion really does bring out the worst in people.
Doesn’t seem fit the BBC definition of news values. A quick google search with the name of the village and BBC News produced no hits.

Yet it is wall to wall Rohingya “ethnic cleansing” on the BBC, with no attempt to present any kind of balance. Analysing how there is a nascent Islamic territory movement in Myanmar, for example, and how the Rohingya villages are sheltering the terrorists. Just the Muslim victim narrative, no link to wider geo political issues.

The BBC demonstrates lamentable pro Muslim and anti Buddhist and Hindu bias. That’s the long and short of it.
Reply 10
Original post by uberteknik
People killed and seriously injured.

But hey, that's what happens when the Prophet is insulted. Seems like a fair trade.

Six or seven surrounding Muslim villages gang up and burn down a neighbouring village because of a Facebook rumour.

This seems to have started over a land dispute and one of the parties accused of defamation in order to stir up hatred against religious minorities in a Muslim majority country.

Sounds like tit-for-tat Rohingya outbursts.

You're seriously comparing an incident where 1 person (most likely a perpetrator rather than one of the villagers) was killed to the genocide of hundreds of thousands of innocent people for no reason? That's idiotic
Original post by desaf1
Not saying it's okay, what I'm saying is that it's not as big as he was suggesting

We'll burn down your house and all your possessions then, see how you like it.

Of course it's fine because you won't be hurt.
Original post by Drewski

He's not saying it's okay is he, he is just saying that the OP is suggesting that it's a huge genocidal attack on an entire village. Obviously when someone reads the title 'mob burns down entire village' they are going to think the entire village population was destroyed. Neither events are okay but one is worse than the other.
Reply 13
Original post by Drewski

I'm not saying it's fine, I'm saying that it's not as bad as hurting someone. The OP implies that many people were hurt or killed.
Reply 14
Original post by Napp
Before everyone starts getting their panties in a twist about the perceived evils of Islam again its worth you researching the **** Muslims cop in India from Hindu's and Sikh's as well.

Exactly.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-41966562
https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/04/27/india-cow-protection-spurs-vigilante-violence
Original post by serions871
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/bangladesh-village-prophet-mohammed-insulted-facebook-post-islam-muslim-south-asia-a8051841.html

Now Im not a fan of Hinduism, with their blue elephant gods and sacred cows and all, but surely burning an entire village just because one of the inhabitants insulted the Prophet Mo is a bit much?

Very barbaric. Attacking people for blasphemy has nothing to do with Islam imho.
Original post by desaf1
You're seriously comparing an incident where 1 person (most likely a perpetrator rather than one of the villagers) was killed to the genocide of hundreds of thousands of innocent people for no reason? That's idiotic

lol.
Reply 17
Original post by desaf1
Because burning down a village as an act of religious intolerance is fine as long as no one is killed.
Reply 18
Original post by akbar0123
I don't see why they had to burn the entire village when only one person actually insulted the prophet. Absolutely disgusting.
I don't see why they have to do anything, even if the entire village insulted Muhammad. He's a big boy. He can cope.
Reply 19
Original post by QE2
I don't see why they have to do anything, even if the entire village insulted Muhammad. He's a big boy. He can cope.

Perfect response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending