The Student Room Group

Mob burns down entire Hindu village in Bangladesh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Napp
Before everyone starts getting their panties in a twist about the perceived evils of Islam again its worth you researching the **** Muslims cop in India from Hindu's and Sikh's as well.
Indeed. If someone somewhere is mistreated, the best way to deal with it is for someone else somewhere else to mistreat someone different.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind".
Reply 21
Original post by QE2
Because burning down a village as an act of religious intolerance is fine as long as no one is killed.

Well it's not as bad as slaughtering a village is it?
Reply 22
Original post by QE2
Indeed. If someone somewhere is mistreated, the best way to deal with it is for someone else somewhere else to mistreat someone different.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind".

My point was more against the ignorant hordes here who jump at any chance to blame Muslims and Islam in complex social scenarios they know not of.
@CuriousGuy777 @kaushikp Expected replies from expected people.
People trying to prove burning the village is worse than what's happening to rohingya muslims. Clearly out of their minds, none of the two actions are justifiable but one is much worse than the other where only 1 person died? or at least he was shot. Please get your **** together and move on with your lives than spread hatred for one religion -_-

Jagadish Roy, a local Hindu community leader, told New Age said that the man accused of defamation was involved in a local dispute over a piece of land, and that he likely had not made any derogatory posts as he was “well-behaved and always respectful”.

Local reports say police have accused Bangladesh’s largest Islamist party, Jamaat-e-Islami, of deliberately attacking Hindus before the elections. The party is reportedly an ally of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party, led by former prime minister Khaleda Zia.

How convenient that some people haven't even read this part of the article before starting with their chorus of "it was only one person" "only the perpetrator died" "hur dur Muslims have it worse"
Reply 26
Original post by Poooky
How convenient that some people haven't even read this part of the article before starting with their chorus of "it was only one person" "only the perpetrator died" "hur dur Muslims have it worse"

I think you have a problem that you can't see the wood for the trees.
Original post by desaf1
No one was actually killed in the incident apart from someone shot by the police while they were looting the village. You make it seem like thousands of people, the entire population of village, was somehow destroyed just so that you can spread your Islamophobic agenda.

Goalpost moving detected.

Islamophilia detected.

I imagine you would post exactly the same thing (in terms of the gist) if this was pointing out the ill advised activities of a Christian group. Right?

Original post by desaf1
I'm not saying it's fine, I'm saying that it's not as bad as hurting someone. The OP implies that many people were hurt or killed.

Well not really, it just said the village was destroyed...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Napp
My point was more against the ignorant hordes here who jump at any chance to blame Muslims and Islam in complex social scenarios they know not of.

I agree, the religion has a bad enough time with apostates from within it pointing out its tremendous flaws.
Original post by serions871
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/bangladesh-village-prophet-mohammed-insulted-facebook-post-islam-muslim-south-asia-a8051841.html

Now Im not a fan of Hinduism, with their blue elephant gods and sacred cows and all, but surely burning an entire village just because one of the inhabitants insulted the Prophet Mo is a bit much?

So it is ok for hindus to kill ppl for eating beef and praying. K you are stupid!!!
Reply 31
Original post by TCA2b
I agree, the religion has a bad enough time with apostates from within it pointing out its tremendous flaws.

All religions are inherently flawed, it's just cute that the west has picked Islam as its current punching bag.
Reply 32
Original post by Taz554:-)
So it is ok for hindus to kill ppl for eating beef and praying. K you are stupid!!!

That's some straw man you're building.
Original post by Napp
All religions are inherently flawed, it's just cute that the west has picked Islam as its current punching bag.

They all have their flaws, yet 1) they're not all comparable and 2) Islam is one of the largest and most oppressive religions in the world, particularly the theocracies which rely on it to justify their rule.

So please, this sort of hollow white knight defence of the religion can be left at the doorstep. No one has just decided to pick on the religion. It is simply being held to the same standard now as pre-reformation Christianity was before. If, as is common for your sort to do, you rely on actions of Christians from centuries past, or whatever, it's going to be summarily dismissed, FYI. Seemingly, other religions can be criticised without undergoing some sort of martyr complex every time their flaws are highlighted.

Also, to address your rather moronic, typical self-flagellating "muh west" point - the moral standard by which Islam is seen as abhorrent is most strongly rooted in the west. So where do you expect criticism of Islam to come from if not from the west? You don't see apostates fleeing to other hardcore Islamic countries, do you?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 35

Another straw man. The poster you originally cited did not state or even imply what you said he did, and nor have I. These links do not mean anything in the context you are presenting them, unless you mean to excuse the behaviour of the Muslims in this instance because sometimes Hindus do *****y things too, which is as palpably pathetic as it is dangerous. Go away and learn how to think.
People that are commenting on this thread have BIASED views...
Concerning the OP, burning down a village is obviously not something good but it's not that major IN COMPARISON to other incidents that are seen as very severe...
End of.
I'm a bengali muslim, but simply breaking out your anger by burning a village is completely wrong and inhumane. Bengali people are not intelligent and do things that are simply pointless, and they also are uneducated, i know myself. I am a bengali and every bengali person i know is like this. These people annoy me sooo much, they are showing they care butr really they want to create a clear division between communities, not for religious reasons but for other pointless reasons, maybe over cricket? They also might use it as an excuse to burn the village down. It's also stupid to burn a village for this reason, but it was also disrespectful for them to mock the prophet. Both sides are wrong in my opinion.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Taz554:-)

No-one has said it's okay? Where did you get that from?
Original post by Emilio Ramirez
People that are commenting on this thread have BIASED views...
Concerning the OP, burning down a village is obviously not something good but it's not that major IN COMPARISON to other incidents that are seen as very severe...
End of.

Yeah, you do seem to have a biased view by trying to minimise this.
End of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending