The Student Room Group

Mob burns down entire Hindu village in Bangladesh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Poooky
@CuriousGuy777 @kaushikp Expected replies from expected people.

Yes. some people saying its not that bad
If this had been exactly the other way around and in india with one muslim killed by a hindu mob then those same people would be outraged

But it happened to hindus so obviously its not a big deal :rolleyes: (sarcasm)

Original post by a9493r
This is very dumb because it clearly shows you have no idea what you are talking about, so let me clear it for you :smile:

In Bangladesh, the major religion is Islam so its a Muslim-majority region. However in the news you have mentioned, it talks of a particular Hindu village which was burnt down by the majority-religion sect because 1 individual from that Hindu village had allegedly insulted the Prophet.

So it wasn't actually the Hindus who had burnt the village down so I think you hadn't understood it correctly. Also the whole concept of holding animals sacred, is because it tries to promote love and respect among all living creatures, irrespective of if whether its a humans or an animal.

Also Hinduism is one of the most non-controversial religions in the world atm, so why do you have to insult it just because its not forcing its propaganda in your faces and fighting for its numbers? :smile:

Just a thought really. Also Im not really that strong believer in religions personally but just felt I had to help you get your facts corrected. Hope that helps! :smile:

I think the poster understood that it wasnt hindus who burnt the village down
Reply 61
Original post by MJlover
Seriously, the aim of Islam is to aim our lives to worship our Creator, which is seen as a totally noble by people who have any faith.
Yes. The aim of Islam is for everyone to worship Allah (or to submit to those who do). Therefore, Islamic supremacy.
Have you read the Quran?
Reply 62
Original post by MJlover
He didn't say that but the lack of coverage or sympathy for how Muslims are treated in India as minorities speaks for the hypocrisy about Muslims on this forum.
When Muslim villages are burned by Hindus for insulting Vishnu, or whatever, I condemn it just as strongly.
usually you don't give a **** about what happens in bangladesh but when it suits your anti muslim agenda ye lets type away and post on tsr
Reply 64
Original post by desaf1
You're seriously comparing an incident where 1 person (most likely a perpetrator rather than one of the villagers) was killed to the genocide of hundreds of thousands of innocent people for no reason? That's idiotic

Lol it isn't a genocide
Religion of pieces.
Original post by QE2
Yes. The aim of Islam is for everyone to worship Allah (or to submit to those who do). Therefore, Islamic supremacy.
Have you read the Quran?

But Allah didn't create the Muslims only, he created all. Of course I've read the Qur'an. Islam is not about domineering over others out of ego but of teaching us to submit to the creator peacefully and be thankful to Him.

To add to that Christian Arabs also call God 'Allah' so we are referring to the Creator of all.

But this is what most religions teach, but yeah of course you have a problem with Islam specifically.
Reply 67
Original post by Angry Bird
usually you don't give a **** about what happens in bangladesh but when it suits your anti muslim agenda ye lets type away and post on tsr
Someone started a thread on an issue and people respond. It's how TSR works.
The difference seems to be that the sceptic will readily condemn any such action, by anyone; whereas others will engage in whataboutery and deflection is an attempt to mitigate the actions of a particular group.
Just like you have done here. No condemnation of the action, just an attack on people who are condemning it.

So tell me about how Muslims are persecuted in Bangladesh and I will condemn it, just like I condemn any attack on non-combatants, by anyone.
And you can condemn any action taken against anyone accused of insulting Muhammad, anywhere, by anyone.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by MJlover
But Allah didn't create the Muslims only, he created all.
Yeah, explain that - if his intention was for everyone to be Muslim?

Of course I've read the Qur'an. Islam is not about domineering over others out of ego
Didn't say it was, so I don't know why you're bringing it up.

but of teaching us to submit to the creator peacefully and be thankful to Him.
Are you sure you've read the Quran?
What are we threatened with if we don't submit to Allah?
And why does Muhammad keep saying that Allah has commanded him to fight disbelievers until everyone submits to Islam?

To add to that Christian Arabs also call God 'Allah' so we are referring to the Creator of all.
Not sure what your point is here.

But this is what most religions teach, but yeah of course you have a problem with Islam specifically.
I have a problem with all religions. However, the degree of problem depends on a variety of things - not least the claims made by the followers of a religion. I have not found the followers of any other religion claiming that slavery, sex slaves, wife-beating, punitive amputations, execution for apostates and gays, etc, are all accepteble and still applicable under the right circumstances.

Show me a Christian on TSR claiming that the OT is the perfect, timeless, universal and unchangable literal word of god, and that all the punishments and restrictions therein are still acceptable and applicable under the right circumstances - and I will taking them to task as well!
But there aren't any. Because Christians have long moved on from medieval literalist retentionism. Something that many Muslims seem unable to do.
Original post by akbar0123
I don't see why they had to burn the entire village when only one person actually insulted the prophet. Absolutely disgusting.

Do you think the attack would have been justified if more than one person had insulted Muhammad?
Original post by Poooky
@CuriousGuy777 @kaushikp Expected replies from expected people.

Such instances are very common in Pakistan and Bangladesh. It's just that western media rarely covers them.
Original post by CuriousGuy777
Such instances are very common in Pakistan and Bangladesh. It's just that western media rarely covers them.

They rarely cover the multiple attacks by Hindus on Muslims either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending