The Student Room Group

Trump 'racist' Britain First tweets

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aspire.1a
As a young muslim female as I can say is that Islam advocates peace!
Islam advocates many thing - not all of them peaceful.

It never condones terrorism etc.
The Quran and sunnah contain passages that can be used to justify the acts of Islamist terrorists.

I live by important morals and so do many of the muslim population and what goes on in the middle east and these terror attacks has nothing to do with muslims: they are just people who are mentally deranged.
The majority of people involved, on all sides, are Muslims.

Look at the Canadian prime minster! He respects everyone of all faiths!
Respect is something that is earned, not demanded or expected. It is not the default position.

I do not respect everyone of all faiths.
I do not respect active members of the WBC, ISIS, the Lord's Resistance Army, etc, etc.

Also, I do not respect anyone who genuinely believes that a person actually deserves to be tortured for eternity, simply because of their religious beliefs. - Do you?
Original post by QE2
Islam advocates many thing - not all of them peaceful.

The Quran and sunnah contain passages that can be used to justify the acts of Islamist terrorists.

The majority of people involved, on all sides, are Muslims.

Respect is something that is earned, not demanded or expected. It is not the default position.

I do not respect active members of the WBC, ISIS, the Lord's Resistance Army, etc, etc.

Also, I do not respect anyone who genuinely believes that a person actually deserves to be tortured for eternity, simply because of their religious beliefs. - Do you?

So you don't respect any Christians or Muslims then. You're ridiculous
Reply 22
Original post by aspire.1a
nope. I suggest u read the quran and learn for yourself. Its funny how people jump to conclusions so quickly.
Erm, yes it does.
Now, you may claim that these passages have historical context or are mitigated by other factors, but the fact remains that there are passages in the Quran that encourage violence against those who refuse to submit to Islam.
(And yes, I have read the Quran. That's how I know they are there. And I have read classical tafsir. That's how I know that they do actually promote violence against those who refuse to submit to Islam, and not something else.)
Reply 23
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Not if you "interpret" it right, i.e. ignore all the uncomfortable bits.
To be fair, it seems that some Muslims aren't even told about the uncomfortable bits.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Are you saying that literally no-one uses that word, or are you inclined to the modern idiotic tendency to use the word literally when they mean exactly the opposite?

[video="youtube;Bl1Q8aDwKQs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl1Q8aDwKQs[/video]

Ginger hair people always seem to be anrgy
Except that the next two videos were titled "Muslim destroys statue of virgin Mary" and "Muslim migrant beats down disabled boy" or something along those lines, Muslim, not Islamist. How well would the people excusing this take a video of settler extremists beating down an Arab teen (and there are many of those) titled "Jews beat little boy" or a video of extremist Buddhist mobs attacking Rohingya titled "Buddhists attack woman/child/whatever"?

This does not even mention the fact that the "Muslim migrant" beating the boy with the crutch turned out not to be a Muslim and not to be a migrant. Additionally, he had already served his prison sentence for it. And those Morsi supporters in Egypt who pushed the teen from the roof were sentenced to death by wait for it.....other Muslims. But why would Trump bother with the facts when they interfere with the rhetoric that he's pushing: which is to demonise all Muslims?

And how hilarious it is that he told Theresa May to focus on the "radical Islamic terrorism" that he claims is rampant in the UK because they're doing just fine over in America. Over in America, where they have a mass shooting every other week and still don't want to talk about gun control. I'm not a fan of May but at least she had enough class not to point that out.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Eunomia
Except that the next two videos were titled "Muslim destroys statue of virgin Mary" and "Muslim migrant beats down disabled boy" or something along those lines, Muslim, not Islamist. How well would the people excusing this take a video of settler extremists beating down an Arab teen (and there are many of those) titled "Jews beat little boy" or a video of extremist Buddhist mobs attacking Rohingya titled "Buddhists attack woman/child/whatever"?

This does not even mention the fact that the "Muslim migrant" beating the boy with the crutch turned out not to be a Muslim and not to be a migrant. Additionally, he had already served his prison sentence for it. And those Morsi supporters in Egypt who pushed the teen from the roof were sentenced to death by wait for it.....other Muslims. But why would Trump bother with the facts when they interfere with the rhetoric that he's pushing: which is to demonise all Muslims?

And how hilarious it is that he told Theresa May to focus on the "radical Islamic terrorism" that he claims is rampant in the UK because they're doing just fine over in America. Over in America, where they have a mass shooting every other week and still don't want to talk about gun control. I'm not a fan of May but at least she had enough class not to point that out.

Let's just look at the facts for a moment and not your "opinion".
Whatever Trump has tweeted and regardless of the authenticity of the subject or where it came from it is not correct to say that Trump is out to demonize all Muslims . You have just contradicted yourself by putting in your post the actual words he said namely , "radical Islamic terrorism .

Let's also not forget the fact that we would not be in this situation in the first place if it was not as a result of radicalized Muslims. You also seem to ignore the hundreds of active serious live investigations by the anti terrorist branch of Scotland yard and the British police .
The Manchester Arena bombing alone costing us scores of innocents lives and €18 million in the process . When one considers the bigger picture of police investigation across the country along with the cost of imprisonment and court cases , then we are talking about hundreds of millions of pounds . Yes ...hundreds of millions of pounds . How many Muslims currently reside in the country ? How many went to fight in Syria ? You are deliberately negating your duty as a British national to be fair and honest with the truth ....

So ....in conclusion , whilst Donald Trump may be slightly foolish in his choice of subject and material , the real focus he has on the subject should not be derided or criticised . Your anger and outrage should be aimed at the thousands of perpetrators out there .

Harsh words are no where near as painful to deal as one innocent life . I would have no hesitation in shaking any man's hand who condemned such Islamic filthy vermin from breathing the same air as the rest of us . Donald Trump is simpy guilty of shooting from the hip , as opposed to a terrorists semi automatic weapon .

We should ban all religion from our schools and all religious costumes to stand any chance of becoming an integrated society , but it is the Muslims who refuse point blank to do this .

Crazy behaviour blindly followed with not one minute crumb of authenticity as to its truth or wisdom .

This is 2017 not 1017 . Get a grip .
(edited 6 years ago)
What on earth are you talking about? Jewish people are attacked all the time, in fact you're doing it right now.

Muslims are not behind it because no-one is behind it; there is no such thing as the "New World Order" in the sense that conspiracy theorists mean.

Not allowed? Who is disallowing you from attacking Jews? You're doing it right now, and no-one has come to arrest you.

Like all cuck Nazis, you have a remarkable victim complex. ****-ing crybaby snowflake

Who was behind 9/11, then? Am I allowed to say that it was Israel? No. Am I allowed to say that it was Muslim terrorists? Yes.
Reply 28
Original post by gobbo888
Who was behind 9/11, then? Am I allowed to say that it was Israel? No. Am I allowed to say that it was Muslim terrorists? Yes.

But Bin Laden was behind 9/11... And you are allowed to say your claim, however nonsensical it might be, no one going to hunt you for it... lol
Reply 29
I don't understand what people's problem is? Before you even start with the whole how Islam oppresses us muslim girls like NO!!!
Hijab is a sign of modesty and I am not gonna go deep into it as some of you lot get offended really easily. So, Imma keep it simple. Firstly, I have so many teachers in my school who practically runs the school even after wearing a hijab. There are thousands of people who wears hijab and still kick a** and run businesses. How is that oppressive?
I am pretty sure some of you may still be confused like 'Oh, what's the point in wearing it?' Well, the answer is 'none of your business.' No, like really. You care about freedom of speech so much and practise freedom in everything (me too:smile:). But you gon hate on or prevent people from practicing their religion cuz you don't agree with it:s-smilie:.
And muslims are may often be reserved, some of them. But we don't force you lot to do anything or we don't hate others. All we want is for people to stop thinking that we're gonna bomb their country like we have got bare time after working hard for our education and jobs. I am here struggling to finish my homeworks and last thing I need is for someone to call out my mom terrorist cuz she is wearing a piece of clothing on her head. Like we don't care if you come outside naked, so why should you? Like really, we really don't care about what you believe in or what you do. I mean you do you and let us do and wear whatever the hell we want.
Okay, bye!!
Original post by QE2

Ayyyy QE2 coming in to set the record straight on Islam!
Original post by sujana
I don't understand what people's problem is? Before you even start with the whole how Islam oppresses us muslim girls like NO!!!
Hijab is a sign of modesty and I am not gonna go deep into it as some of you lot get offended really easily. So, Imma keep it simple. Firstly, I have so many teachers in my school who practically runs the school even after wearing a hijab. There are thousands of people who wears hijab and still kick a** and run businesses. How is that oppressive?
I am pretty sure some of you may still be confused like 'Oh, what's the point in wearing it?' Well, the answer is 'none of your business.' No, like really. You care about freedom of speech so much and practise freedom in everything (me too:smile:). But you gon hate on or prevent people from practicing their religion cuz you don't agree with it:s-smilie:.
And muslims are may often be reserved, some of them. But we don't force you lot to do anything or we don't hate others. All we want is for people to stop thinking that we're gonna bomb their country like we have got bare time after working hard for our education and jobs. I am here struggling to finish my homeworks and last thing I need is for someone to call out my mom terrorist cuz she is wearing a piece of clothing on her head. Like we don't care if you come outside naked, so why should you? Like really, we really don't care about what you believe in or what you do. I mean you do you and let us do and wear whatever the hell we want.
Okay, bye!!

Nice essay length, but it's oppressive.
Original post by Johnny English
Let's just look at the facts for a moment and not your "opinion".
Whatever Trump has tweeted and regardless of the authenticity of the subject or where it came from it is not correct to say that Trump is out to demonize all Muslims . You have just contradicted yourself by putting in your post the actual words he said namely , "radical Islamic terrorism .

Let's also not forget the fact that we would not be in this situation in the first place if it was not as a result of radicalized Muslims. You also seem to ignore the hundreds of active serious live investigations by the anti terrorist branch of Scotland yard and the British police .
The Manchester Arena bombing alone costing us scores of innocents lives and €18 million in the process . When one considers the bigger picture of police investigation across the country along with the cost of imprisonment and court cases , then we are talking about hundreds of millions of pounds . Yes ...hundreds of millions of pounds . How many Muslims currently reside in the country ? How many went to fight in Syria ? You are deliberately negating your duty as a British national to be fair and honest with the truth ....

So ....in conclusion , whilst Donald Trump may be slightly foolish in his choice of subject and material , the real focus he has on the subject should not be derided or criticised . Your anger and outrage should be aimed at the thousands of perpetrators out there .

Harsh words are no where near as painful to deal as one innocent life . I would have no hesitation in shaking any man's hand who condemned such Islamic filthy vermin from breathing the same air as the rest of us . Donald Trump is simpy guilty of shooting from the hip , as opposed to a terrorists semi automatic weapon .

We should ban all religion from our schools and all religious costumes to stand any chance of becoming an integrated society , but it is the Muslims who refuse point blank to do this .

Crazy behaviour blindly followed with not one minute crumb of authenticity as to its truth or wisdom .

This is 2017 not 1017 . Get a grip .

What has your incoherent rant got to do with Trump literally posting fake news via falsely titled videos?
Reply 33
Original post by sujana
Okay, bye!!

The hijab and other cloths are forced on Muslim women in Sharia law countries and so it can be seen as oppressive in this context, but wearing it freely is fine. However, you just need to realize women in some mainly Muslim countries are being forced against their will by law, or intense governmental and/or societal pressure to wear this garment. And also, you may rethink a little bit on the 'no oppression on females in Islam'..:

https://quran.com/2/228

https://quran.com/2/282

https://quran.com/4/11

https://muflihun.com/bukhari/6/301
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Eunomia
What has your incoherent rant got to do with Trump literally posting fake news via falsely titled videos?

Hardly my fault if you can't read ....
There's a controversy now about Trump having retweeted some videos posted by Jayda Fransen, who is the deputy head of Britain First. The videos, which show ISIS fighters throwing a boy off a building, an Islamist smashing a statute of the 'Virgin' Mary and another much less clear video of someone apparently being beaten up in the Netherlands.

The mere fact of retweeting these videos is said to be racist.

Now, people on here know how much I hate Trump. I think he's an utter moron, a racist, a bigot, completely unfit to be president of the United States. I think he has betrayed America to a foreign power. However.. I don't think merely retweeting those tweets is racist.

The tweet title doesn't say "Muslims throw boy off building" (although that would be accurate), it says "Islamists throw.." etc.

I went onto Jayda Fransen's twitter feed and she posted a video of her walking into Luton town centre with a group of friends carrying crosses. Very quickly they were surrounded by a hostile crowd of angry Muslim men, with one of them calling her a ***** and saying "We're taking over", and they were threatened and had to retreat.

At least as far as Luton goes, I'd say Britain First is correct. Now I can't stand the far right, and it's wrong to say all Muslims are bad, but there's no question to my mind that even leaving aside Islamism, in the Muslim populations of the UK there is an aggression, an arrogance and an unwillingness to integrate.

Recently OFSTED said that they would be looking into schools where they have 5 year olds wearing a hijab as this sexualises young children. Given the justification Muslims give for the hijab, that would be correct. However there was a letter signed by various Muslim leaders saying that the hijab is not just about protecting women from sexual attention but also a "cultural symbol of resistance".

Resistance to what? To the decadent culture of the kaffir? I predict that the West will become more and more hostile to Muslims living here until Western Islam finds a way to reconcile itself to the fact it has chosen to live in a non-Muslim country and it has to adapt itself to that fact. Twenty or thirty years ago, I'd say Muslims in this country had done exactly that. But in the last ten or fifteen years, we've gone backwards. Something has to change.

Well, you say that Trump isn't racist but that's not what most ppl are saying. He may not be racist, since islam isnt a race, but it was wrong of him to retweet that stuff and reinforces the idea that he has a targeted hate for muslims.

Do you agree that it was wrong of him to retweet Britain First?

Your justification for why muslim populations aren't integrated is also weak. The fact that muslims are against the targeted questioning of muslim girls bearing the hijab is completely justified. You also seem to be putting your own boundaries as to what "integrated" is, and conveniently for you muslims seemed to not be integrated even though as far as I can see, society seems to be functioning just fine. If a traditional white family preached ideas of modesty, would you say they're integrated? Or are white british people by default integrated?
Reply 36
Original post by 5stardishes
Well, you say that Trump isn't racist but that's not what most ppl are saying. He may not be racist, since islam isnt a race, but it was wrong of him to retweet that stuff and reinforces the idea that he has a targeted hate for muslims.

Do you agree that it was wrong of him to retweet Britain First?

Your justification for why muslim populations aren't integrated is also weak. The fact that muslims are against the targeted questioning of muslim girls bearing the hijab is completely justified. You also seem to be putting your own boundaries as to what "integrated" is, and conveniently for you muslims seemed to not be integrated even though as far as I can see, society seems to be functioning just fine. If a traditional white family preached ideas of modesty, would you say they're integrated? Or are white british people by default integrated?

Well technically, the native inhabitants are integrated in their own populated environment. So British people are kinda by default integrated in their own country in an aspect, same for any other country with their own people for example, because they're the majority...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Johnny English
Hardly my fault if you can't read ....

Rather, it's hardly my fault that you can't type coherently. I responded to the way the OP rationalised what happened by pointing out that Trump used video content that was false for the purpose of demonising an entire religious group. Your response was along the lines of "Trump is not trying to demonise all Muslims because Muslims did such and such", as though a minority of Muslims committing acts of terror justifies demonising all of them (because what was the agenda behind the videos if not that?) How about you refute the actual points that I raised in my post instead of going off on a tangent?
Original post by kataali
Well technically, the native inhabitants are integrated in their own populated environment. So British people are kinda by default integrated in their own country, same for any other country with their own people for example, because they're the majority...

So a white british unemployed alcoholic living off benefits and has had many run ins with the police is by default more integrated than a hard working immigrant who somehow has to prove themself to you?

Sorry, but your warped idea of integration is nothing more than your irrational fear of those different to you.
I admire Trump for re-tweeting the videos. Yes, Britain First may be a bit extreme, but their message is spot on.

The liberal left needs to get real and realise that Islamic terrorism is a critical issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending