The Student Room Group

Trump 'racist' Britain First tweets

Scroll to see replies

Aborigines have similar issues of unemployment and alcohol problems but no one would suggest that they aren't "integrated " .I think you mean indigenous ....400 years + in my family tree.
Reply 41
Original post by 5stardishes
So a white british unemployed alcoholic living off benefits and has had many run ins with the police is by default more integrated than a hard working immigrant who somehow has to prove themself to you?

Sorry, but your warped idea of integration is nothing more than your irrational fear of those different to you.

Worded wrong, I'll rephrase: I was saying that British people are more integrated into Britain in some aspects (more culturally aware natively etc.) because they're the majority. And I said any country, don't think I'm giving British people some sort of extra special status... Your portrayed situation is quite biased also, you're just using the worst case scenario for a British citizen, and the best case for an immigrant, just to make my comment look bad.
(edited 6 years ago)
So a white british unemployed alcoholic living off benefits and has had many run ins with the police is by default more integrated than a hard working immigrant who somehow has to prove themself to you?

Sorry, but your warped idea of integration is nothing more than your irrational fear of those different to you.

PRSOM.
Original post by kataali
Worded wrong, I'll rephrase: I was saying that British people are more integrated into Britain in some aspects because they're the majority. And I said any country, don't think I'm giving British people some sort of extra special status...

Well that's pretty ****ing obvious and makes no difference to my original quote. Doesn't change the fact that there are equally smaller communities of white communities who haven't integrated to britain 2017.

Original post by kataali
Your portrayed situation is quite biased also, you're just using the worst case scenario for a British citizen, and the best case for an immigrant, just to make my comment look bad.

Yes, for the purpose of showing you very clearly why your original point was complete horse crap. And your comment was bad.

If you want a better, more wider example, indian people in this country have the highest proportion of people in the top tax bracket in comparison to any other major ethnic group. That seems like pretty good integration to me.
Reply 44
Well that's pretty ****ing obvious and makes no difference to my original quote. Doesn't change the fact that there are equally smaller communities of white communities who haven't integrated to britain 2017.

Yes, for the purpose of showing you very clearly why your original point was complete horse crap. And your comment was bad.

If you want a better, more wider example, indian people in this country have the highest proportion of people in the top tax bracket in comparison to any other major ethnic group. That seems like pretty good integration to me.

First paragraph: Of course not all, but most, it's expected for anomalies to naturally occur.

And about the tax bracket statistic, that's not the integration I mean, or the OP is meaning. :P See my edited message you replied to.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by kataali
First paragraph: Of course not all, but most, it's expected for anomalies to naturally occur.

And about the tax bracket statistic, that's not the integration I mean, or the OP is meaning. :P See my edited message you replied to.

You still haven't made your point clear. You seem to be arguing for the sake of it now. Make your point or go. Stop wasting time.
Reply 46
You still haven't made your point clear. You seem to be arguing for the sake of it now. Make your point or go. Stop wasting time.

You haven't made clear what point you're referring to.. -_-
Original post by kataali
You haven't made clear what point you're referring to.. -_-

You're the one who quoted me you idiot. My point is right there.

You then made a dumb point, then reworded it and then I said I agree with you and said that that's obvious and you're still quoting me.
Reply 48
Original post by kataali

What's not clear about this? Never mind... -_-
Original post by AlexanderHam
There's a controversy now about Trump having retweeted some videos posted by Jayda Fransen, who is the deputy head of Britain First. The videos, which show ISIS fighters throwing a boy off a building, an Islamist smashing a statute of the 'Virgin' Mary and another much less clear video of someone apparently being beaten up in the Netherlands.

The mere fact of retweeting these videos is said to be racist.

Now, people on here know how much I hate Trump. I think he's an utter moron, a racist, a bigot, completely unfit to be president of the United States. I think he has betrayed America to a foreign power. However.. I don't think merely retweeting those tweets is racist.

The tweet title doesn't say "Muslims throw boy off building" (although that would be accurate), it says "Islamists throw.." etc.

I went onto Jayda Fransen's twitter feed and she posted a video of her walking into Luton town centre with a group of friends carrying crosses. Very quickly they were surrounded by a hostile crowd of angry Muslim men, with one of them calling her a ***** and saying "We're taking over", and they were threatened and had to retreat.

At least as far as Luton goes, I'd say Britain First is correct. Now I can't stand the far right, and it's wrong to say all Muslims are bad, but there's no question to my mind that even leaving aside Islamism, in the Muslim populations of the UK there is an aggression, an arrogance and an unwillingness to integrate.

Recently OFSTED said that they would be looking into schools where they have 5 year olds wearing a hijab as this sexualises young children. Given the justification Muslims give for the hijab, that would be correct. However there was a letter signed by various Muslim leaders saying that the hijab is not just about protecting women from sexual attention but also a "cultural symbol of resistance".

Resistance to what? To the decadent culture of the kaffir? I predict that the West will become more and more hostile to Muslims living here until Western Islam finds a way to reconcile itself to the fact it has chosen to live in a non-Muslim country and it has to adapt itself to that fact. Twenty or thirty years ago, I'd say Muslims in this country had done exactly that. But in the last ten or fifteen years, we've gone backwards. Something has to change.

Speaking about what Trump did specifically, doesn't exactly promote peace does it? Millions more will now see that, especially those already stereotyping Muslims and will have ammunition and more fuel to light the fire, Trump is also practically putting a stamp of certification to the stereotype and Britain First
It’s quite alarming that the U.K. with a dozen or so live investigations into the authorities ignoring ethic minority pedophilia don’t seem to realise that they have a systemic issue with regards to acknowledging crime from minority groups. Instead the usual faux outrage at the person conveying the crime with these tweets instead of outrage at the actual crime. Just like Rotherham.
For ****'s sake is just a tweet, who gives a toss? People who are outraged about this are just behaving like cry babies.
The whole nation is outraged over a couple of tweets ....

I wonder how outraged we'd all be if the true cost of anti terrorism and policing was revealed .
I wonder if those families who have lost sons daughter and parents to such evil scum would condemn Donald Trump with such fixated venom . I doubt it .....and what's more have we lost sight of what's really at play here ....
What we have seen this year in terms of terrorist incidents should be a warning to us all . Next year's tally of deaths at the hands of terrorists will no doubt be higher still and here we are condemning someone who has simply spoken out against the terrorist threat .
We are now paying a very heavy price for this wonderful myth of " cultural enrichment". .
It should be renamed cultural disaffection .
Reply 53
Original post by gobbo888
Who was behind 9/11, then? Am I allowed to say that it was Israel? No. Am I allowed to say that it was Muslim terrorists? Yes.
Of course you are allowed to say it was Israel. You just did.
And we are allowed to mock you for your utter inability to critically analyse data or produce reasonable evidence.
Reply 54
Original post by sujana
I don't understand what people's problem is? Before you even start with the whole how Islam oppresses us muslim girls like NO!!!
Hijab is a sign of modesty and I am not gonna go deep into it as some of you lot get offended really easily. So, Imma keep it simple. Firstly, I have so many teachers in my school who practically runs the school even after wearing a hijab. There are thousands of people who wears hijab and still kick a** and run businesses. How is that oppressive?
I am pretty sure some of you may still be confused like 'Oh, what's the point in wearing it?' Well, the answer is 'none of your business.' No, like really. You care about freedom of speech so much and practise freedom in everything (me too:smile:). But you gon hate on or prevent people from practicing their religion cuz you don't agree with it:s-smilie:.
And muslims are may often be reserved, some of them. But we don't force you lot to do anything or we don't hate others. All we want is for people to stop thinking that we're gonna bomb their country like we have got bare time after working hard for our education and jobs. I am here struggling to finish my homeworks and last thing I need is for someone to call out my mom terrorist cuz she is wearing a piece of clothing on her head. Like we don't care if you come outside naked, so why should you? Like really, we really don't care about what you believe in or what you do. I mean you do you and let us do and wear whatever the hell we want.
Okay, bye!!
So, do you wear the hijab because you want to, or because you believe that you are obliged to?
Trump's retweets honestly weren't that bad. The reaction has been rather melodramatic, to say the least. People are virtue signalling their little hearts out.

Islamism is a serious concern that needs addressing. Islam itself is a religion with a large number of problematic followers compared to others. Its integration into European society has been troublesome.
Original post by QE2
Of course you are allowed to say it was Israel. You just did.
And we are allowed to mock you for your utter inability to critically analyse data or produce reasonable evidence.

If the footage of the WTC falling into its own footprint is not reasonable evidence, I don't know what is.
Original post by boldface
Why is it always Muslims and never Jews that are under attack? Muslims are not behind the New World Order agenda.

If you want to know who rules you, ask yourself who you are not allowed to criticise.

Antisemitism is so well accepted that if you actually believe that second quote, it pretty much proves Jews don't have much power in Europe at all.
Reply 58
Original post by QE2
So, do you wear the hijab because you want to, or because you believe that you are obliged to?

I used to wear it but then I felt like it wasn't just for me. I respect it but for me it was too much work and my mum just shrugged it off. She wants me to wear it but she said it's fine. So yeah, that's it.
Reply 59
Original post by kataali
I suggest you read again; these verses actively promote terrorism.

https://quran.com/9/5

https://quran.com/8/12

https://quran.com/4/89

https://quran.com/3/151

https://quran.com/2/191-193

I can post more if you want :smile:

This is a little stupid, it was stated earlier in this thread that there are similar wordings in the Bible etc.
Mate, all you’re doing is pointing out the bad stuff.. go read it properly and see that it’s not all about that . And it’s not actually contextual, we are told killing is haram, for God’s sake we don’t even eat animals unlesss it’s cut a certain way! Bear in mind the Quran was written a long time ago.
Go and read the POSITIVE things as well, like you probably did in the bible.
You’re probably going to say well Christians don’t do any terror but they did ? Anyone remember the KKK? Seems like we all forgot about that . Why? Because they was white and also the media portrays the Muslim negatively. It’s fact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending