The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Is the University of birmingham offer calculator accurate from experience?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Divergent4
Medicine and haven't done my a levels yet.

ahh that explains it, medicine is extremely difficult. any other course you applied for i’m 95% sure you would have defo got it. i’ve heard medicine at bham is almost as hard to get into as the big 2. good luck with your A levels anyway
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by gigi77774
Thats true tbh

hahah fingers crossed for us both then because it is my dream uni hahah
Original post by Blackberryjam
hahah fingers crossed for us both then because it is my dream uni hahah

Really? Why do you want to come to this uni?
I dont think I will apply here but Im not sure haha :smile:
Original post by gigi77774
Really? Why do you want to come to this uni?
I dont think I will apply here but Im not sure haha :smile:

i just think its such a great place the city is big but not to the size of london, it’s a lot more multicultural than here in cornwall. it is one of the best unis in england but saying that it is one of the most lenient top uni’s from what i’ve read. just seems perfect.
Original post by Blackberryjam
i just think its such a great place the city is big but not to the size of london, it’s a lot more multicultural than here in cornwall. it is one of the best unis in england but saying that it is one of the most lenient top uni’s from what i’ve read. just seems perfect.

A lot of unis meet your criteria there! Basically any big city in fact.

But don't let me get in the way of your dreams!
Original post by 999tigger
You should take it with a pinch of salt because there are a lot of factors it cannot take into account. That said it is based on actual data.

Imo if your grades are along the lines of the entrance then you stand a good chance. Birmingham is also one of the few higher up unis that seems to make a lot of unconditional offers.

What about the ucat
did it literally say 'high chance' or just 'likely' if you can remember, you probably can't
Reply 27
Original post by Lia22
I tried the offer calculator before sending my application and it said there would be a high chance I would get one. ( for accounting and finance)
but my AS was kinda crap so I thought it would be unlikely
surprisingly I did end up getting an offer
hi did it say "high chance" exactly? coz mine said likely and my gcse's were average and my course is really competitive. i tried the offer calculator thing but im tryna figure out what other options there are other than "likely".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending