The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Grades for UCAS at Birmingham uni

Does birmingham uni accept applications with AAA not A*AA?
Original post by Chickenunicorn17

if you are talking about applying for a course that you don't have the grades for I wouldn't bother because most unis will just auto reject u
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
A student needs 25 cm3 of 0.1 mol dm-3 of ethanoic acid for an experiment. They are given a bottle of ethanoic acid with a concentration of 1 mol dm-3. Calculate the volume of the ethanoic acid needed from the bottle and the volume of water to be added so as to get the correct volume and concentration for their experiment
Achieved grades or predicted grades?
Reply 4

The condition of your offer is A*AA, but you think you might end up with AAA? If so, they "might" still let you in, but there's no guarantee.
Original post by Admit-One
Achieved grades or predicted grades?

predicted grades
Reply 6
predicted grades

In that case, there is a good chance that they will automatically reject you, so by all means apply, but only if it is your aspirational choice, and you have a couple at, and one or two below, your predicted grades.
predicted grades

Then it depends on the course, but I’d imagine the majority will still consider you with predictions one grade under.
Original post by lalexm
In that case, there is a good chance that they will automatically reject you, so by all means apply, but only if it is your aspirational choice, and you have a couple at, and one or two below, your predicted grades.

thanks
Original post by Admit-One
Then it depends on the course, but I’d imagine the majority will still consider you with predictions one grade under.

thanks, worst case scenario ill apply the year after because as long as my actual grades are good ..they will take me...i will also be more likely to get a place as my results would be concrete
thanks, worst case scenario ill apply the year after because as long as my actual grades are good ..they will take me...i will also be more likely to get a place as my results would be concrete

Yes, if you’re prepared to take a gap if needs be, then it’s worth taking the risk this time around.
Reply 11
It really depends on the course tbh
yeah, what course is it for? and also you may get away with it if you're contextual (supposing we're talking about predicted grades)
Original post by MedApplicantttt
yeah, what course is it for? and also you may get away with it if you're contextual (supposing we're talking about predicted grades)

its med most likely
Original post by Yara1717
It really depends on the course tbh

true..but i think its unlikely for competetive unis and for courses like med ----and thats what i am leaning towards
true..but i think its unlikely for competetive unis and for courses like med ----and thats what i am leaning towards

hey, so I applied to birmingham for medicine and received an offer from them a few months ago and i've now firmed :smile: birmingham state on their website, despite the requirements being A*AA, they will accept an application as long your predicted grades are at least AAA. My friend also applied with AAA predicted grades and got an offer too. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 16
hey, so I applied to birmingham for medicine and received an offer from them a few months ago and i've now firmed :smile: birmingham state on their website, despite the requirements being A*AA, they will accept an application as long your predicted grades are at least AAA. My friend also applied with AAA predicted grades and got an offer too. hope this helps :smile:

That is interesting, as I know people on the other end of the scale, who applied for med with A*A*A* predicted, and a decent UCAT, yet got no offers at all. Maybe for med, the grades are not as big a determinant factor as they are with other degrees.

thanks, it does ease my mind a bit as i hope to be able to convince teachers that i can get AAA...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending