The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
I was offered a place through clearing to study computer science... they wanted CCC :rolleyes:

they usually exclude general studies..

*Tara*
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
DjM
OP
They had spaces for clearing? I thought it was 15 people per space?

Thanks
Reply 3
I emailed the admissions tutor a while back about entry requirements. He said that they'd most probably accept ABC/BBB. If they're willing to make this much consideration on A level grades I don't think the AS pass would be much of a problem if you get ABB for your A levels.

But best way to make sure is by contacting the admissions tutor.

Theres one thing puzzling me about your post, have you already done your A2s or have you just finished AS?
Reply 4
DjM
OP
Just finished AS's, hoping to get predictions of ABB.

Thing is our school tells us nothing about the process, so that's why I'm asking here :smile:
Reply 5
lots of unis had a shortage of computer science applicants this year... even UCL were offering places through clearing to people with ABC
Reply 6
DjM
OP
Urr Great! Hope it stays that way :P
Reply 7
Weirdo
I was offered a place through clearing to study computer science... they wanted CCC :rolleyes:

they usually exclude general studies..

*Tara*

my friend got a place for that course for clearing as well! look out for a really tall chinese guy... and he's the funniest person ull ever meet!
Reply 8
Ah... might have met him last night at the badge party. I'm doing maths and computer science now though.

*Tara*
Reply 9
Weirdo
lots of unis had a shortage of computer science applicants this year... even UCL were offering places through clearing to people with ABC

are you sure you mean UCL? I've heard they weren't but that other good comp sci deps such as Warwick and York were...
Weirdo

To be precise it was

Birmingham
Nottingham
University College London
Kings College London
Queen Mary College London
Warwick
Edinburgh
Glasgow
York

and a whole load of others too..... got the list of them somehwere in my room.

If I manage to find it under all piles of papers in this untidy room I'll type the full list up here. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Does anyone know what the grades were reduced to for warwick and nottingham? Do you think that since not many people applied last year, they may be a bit more kind this year?
hope so........ :biggrin:
buzz
Does anyone know what the grades were reduced to for warwick and nottingham? Do you think that since not many people applied last year, they may be a bit more kind this year?
hope so........ :biggrin:

I remember for Nottingham and York only wanting CCC. UCL of course wanted ABC with an A in Maths A-Level.

Warwick probably did not lower their offer by that much. Maybe BBB or so Imperial is in a world of its own AAB/AAA needed and more than ever people get AAAA/AAAAA. Crazy at the top end.

Latest