The Student Room Group
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website

Dropping out of uni.

Ive just finished my first term in first year at university. I'm not living at home and don't have many friends where in halls. I haven't been happy since I moved, Ive been pretty much crying every night without a reason. University life was not what everyone said it was going to be. I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it as I'm scared that they are going to be disappointed in me, and only see it as an excuse. I don't know what to do anymore, can anyone help?
Try to look mental health resources at your university. If you want to meet more people, try to get involved in various societies, etc... Do not drop out of universities, as you don't go to university just for partying, you go there because it's extremely important for your future.
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website
Hi Ash

Well done for finishing your first semester at University and sorry to hear that you're not enjoying it at the moment.

If you have worries and concerns about your course please do go and speak to your course leader and lecturers, they are the best people to talk to about your studies. Remember that Infozone and Student Services are there to support and help you whilst at University so do speak to them. You can drop into InfoZone or give them a call on 01473 338833.

Student Services are located on the 1st floor of the waterfront building and can provide help and information on Finance, Health & Well being,Counselling and general support, but you need to book an appointment with them through Infozone.

University is a different experience for everyone and no one is going to be dissapointed in you, so please don't worry about that aspect :smile: Just pop along and have a chat with someone in Infozone or Student Support, they are there to help you!

Take Care,

Emily
Original post by Ash12345623456
Ive just finished my first term in first year at university. I'm not living at home and don't have many friends where in halls. I haven't been happy since I moved, Ive been pretty much crying every night without a reason. University life was not what everyone said it was going to be. I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it as I'm scared that they are going to be disappointed in me, and only see it as an excuse. I don't know what to do anymore, can anyone help?

I'm so sorry that you're not doing well at Suffolk. What is an update? Maybe you just need to get more involved as a Suffolk University student or find away to get involved more out of the halls to make friends?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending