The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, you are being pathetic.

That is like asking if eating Shreddies, not Weetabix will affect your chances...

C'mon dude, get real!!

:smile:

EDIT - And you're only in year 9. Wait until you are at least 16 to start worrying about these kind of things!! You haven't even begun GCSE's - and you will probably go of the idea of Medicine...
Reply 21
A Year 9, who has not yet started her GCSE's or A Levels

"Do you think my lisp will at all affect my chances of getting into university for medicine?"

Second day on TSR and I'm already becoming a celebrity.
Thrilled.
('',)
A Year 9, who has not yet started her GCSE's or A Levels

"Do you think my lisp will at all affect my chances of getting into university for medicine?"

Second day on TSR and I'm already becoming a celebrity.
Thrilled.

It is hilarious!!

:biggrin:

(When you grow up, you will look back on yourself and cringe - trust me, you will.)
Reply 23
I'm sure.

What makes you believe that because I'm fourteen years old I don't know what I want to do with my life?

I find it rather patronizing.
('',)
I'm sure.

What makes you believe that because I'm fourteen years old I don't know what I want to do with my life?

I find it rather patronizing.

you should read the thread about our childhood career plans :ninja:

i'm pretty sure i wanted to be a broadway singer.... that or you just said you wanted to do med/vet so you're obviously not decided are you.
Reply 25
I wanted to be a dancer or a photographer.

With age comes wisdom.

You shouldn't be worrying about that now. Especially the UKCAT score on your personal statement. God, I didn't even know about the admissions tests til last summer.

Also, doctors and vets are completely different, when you're older you'll need to decide which you want to do most. You have to care about the things you're going to help, rather than just think it looks fun, because it's not fun, it's fulfilling. It's also generally not exciting, it's nothing like Casualty or ER or the animal hospital programmes on the TV. Usually people are either "people" people, or "animal" people so be careful not to get those confused.

You need to think more about the present rather than 4 years time, though.
Reply 26
Jessaay!
I wanted to be a dancer or a photographer.

With age comes wisdom..

Or cynicism:p:
Jessaay!
Also, doctors and vets are completely different, when you're older you'll need to decide which you want to do most. You have to care about the things you're going to help, rather than just think it looks fun, because it's not fun, it's fulfilling. It's also generally not exciting, it's nothing like Casualty or ER or the animal hospital programmes on the TV. Usually people are either "people" people, or "animal" people so be careful not to get those confused.

Casualty - last night the F2 committed suicide:frown: (the bits about the stress at least is true)
Reply 27
Wangers
Casualty - last night the F2 committed suicide:frown: (the bits about the stress at least is true)
What?! No! :frown: Are there repeats on?

holby.tv
Saturday 9/2 9.05pm - Casualty
'Sex And Death' : Ruth, who is struck with grief and depression following last week's fatal misdiagnosis of a patient, is found hanging in halls of residence.
As the department tries to come to terms with what has happened, Harry reflects on what could have been done differently. He has Ruth's diary, and reads back over her last few months in the ED department. Her driving ambition to be a doctor is clear, but also her loneliness and increasing exhaustion.
Harry learns that Ruth had been shadowing a team in Histology, and had become close to the lead doctor - jokingly referring to him as "Dr Doom". However, she had misread his friendship and had found his rejection hard to take. At the same time, Ruth had also befriended a patient, Rachel, who passed away. Whilst trying to cope emotionally, Ruth was also doing long, hard shifts in the ED.
The team gather in the pub to drown their sorrows, and talk about life and death, their regrets and how they could have helped Ruth more.
Tess and Harry are still at work and, as Ruth lies in a coma, Harry says that they all let Ruth down and that the hospital let her down, too.
I can so see myself ending up like her and it's really scary.
Reply 28
Casualty made me cry once:frown:
bbci player?

ER is actually really good when it comes to financial issues and rationing and stuff. like i know it's a joke, but this aspect of it can be really poignant.
Reply 30
Saffie
What?! No! :frown: Are there repeats on?

I can so see myself ending up like her and it's really scary.

Poor Ruth :frown:. Here is the catchup thing.
Reply 31
yeah watched the catch up thing, it's only about a minute long though, does she survive?
Reply 32
Saffie
yeah watched the catch up thing, it's only about a minute long though, does she survive?

Dummo. she wasn't to know it was Wernickes something itus:frown: . Oh and anyone else want to punch (the character) Marilyn ?:mad:
Reply 34
From what was posted above it says she's in a coma but I thought the episode made it clear that she was dead - they took the mask off and everything!
Reply 35
wernickes encephalitis? hmm sounds alcohol related! Anyway I'll watch the episode and get back to you.

Thanks bright star. I'm going to end up watching lots of BBC tv with this discovery!
Reply 36
Wernicke's Encephalopathy?
Yep, commonly the alcohol Q pops up red flags! Thiamine deficiency mediated, so other malnutrition too, off the top of my head. Haven't seen the episode though. :smile:
Reply 37
Elles
Wernicke's Encephalopathy?
Yep, commonly the alcohol Q pops up red flags! Thiamine deficiency mediated, so other malnutrition too, off the top of my head. Haven't seen the episode though. :smile:

Yea something like that - Kelsey ended up being right - no alkie on the brethe. Ruth should have been more careful (thought the bloke was drunk) But to be fair the diffs for wernickes aphasia....:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending