The Student Room Group

Bristol vs Sheffield for Medicine?

Hi all,

Could people from the above universities studying medicine, people who know people studying med at the above unis, and other people in general help me decide which is the best for me- Bristol or Sheffield?

I want as much clinical contact as possible and to be able to spend as much time with patients as possible. Ultimately which one produces the better doc's? Any opinions?

Go for it guys/gals! I need you!
Reply 1
Duno about bristol, but you get clinical experience with patients right from year 1 at sheffield!
Reply 2
You get clinical experience with patients from year 1 in Bristol too, so basically in your criteria you cannot go wrong with each!
Reply 3
so now your still in the exact same position you were approx. 8hrs ago lol!! personally sheffield for me, but thats coz its my 1st choice and bristol rejected me!!lol
Reply 4
Sorry to hear that josee32 but at least you've got your first choice and I'm sure your flourish at Sheffield- well done!

The thing is that Bristol do 3 years of pure clinical through their "academies" scheme where as Sheffield are like the majority of uni's- they put you on placements. I need opinions people, opinions! No sitting on the fence!
i don't understand the difference. what do you think people usually do on firms??
Reply 6
Sheffield. Well cool social life.
bristol medicine is awwwwwwwwwesome ;thumbsup;
Reply 8
Bristol's a much better place than Sheffield, I would say. But it seems you're more interested in the course, so I'm not sure if that will play any part in your decision.
Reply 9
hi person34 thanks for the advice. Yes the course matters more to me than name or reputation. Inicidently did you get closer to "your shrine that is, Cambridge"?
Reply 10
I really love people who take this seriously

Quote taken from person34's signature.
Reply 11
Bristol definitely. Sheffield's not a nice place to live for 5/6 years!
Reply 12
Mind to explain why isn't Sheffield a nice place to live for 5 or 6 years?
Reply 13
~Adel~
Mind to explain why isn't Sheffield a nice place to live for 5 or 6 years?

:confused: Because it's a ****hole!
Reply 14
mzmlk123
hi person34 thanks for the advice. Yes the course matters more to me than name or reputation. Inicidently did you get closer to "your shrine that is, Cambridge"?

Nah, didn't turn up to interview. I'm better than any university really.

:rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending