The Student Room Group

failed my first driving test today

crying😭😭😭😭😭
booked my test at 8:20
First, my instructor stuck in traffic, it's almost 8:20 when we arrived test centre, i was so worried the whole morning.
The examiner looks nice, but during test, he seems set me up, keep telling me to turn and pull over, again and again...
the morning sunlight was so strong, some time you cant see anything,i drove so carefully to make sure safe. unfortunately i failed because of slow driving, so sad and depressed right now😭😭😭
Do not book your test in the early morning!
Sorry to hear but in fairness - most of us could have told you that. Rush hour is complete suicide to take a test in. I know you should be able to drive in all conditions as a full license holder, but rush hour is something I don't even drive in. I could, but it's so much more difficult and requires so much more defensive awareness. The same concept applies to your test, yes you could pass it in rush hour - but why make an archaic test even harder for yourself.
Original post by nevershear
Sorry to hear but in fairness - most of us could have told you that. Rush hour is complete suicide to take a test in. I know you should be able to drive in all conditions as a full license holder, but rush hour is something I don't even drive in. I could, but it's so much more difficult and requires so much more defensive awareness. The same concept applies to your test, yes you could pass it in rush hour - but why make an archaic test even harder for yourself.

I did my test in rush hour and kind of preferred it to non-rush hour driving? Just requires a bit of clutch control in traffic and you're all good :smile:
Reply 3
Tips for next time: you’re allowed to bring sunglasses to your test! Lots of people drive with them and if anything it shows you’re prepared.

My instructor said to have your test between 10-1 as the roads are best then. Probably the most relaxed the instructors are too since driving conditions are less hazardy.

And the best advice I can give is get back on your feet, book your next test and work on the things you got marked down for. It takes most people a few times to get this right so don’t be too hard on yourself :love:
A tip for next time apart from avoiding rush hour would be to bring sunglasses or sometime to remove some of the glare/brightness from the sun
Reply 5
Original post by nevershear

Thanks for ur reply, fell better now. booked next one in 12:43 next month, will do my best!
The saying goes the best drivers pass second time round. Keep at it and learn from your mistakes and then smash it next time.
Reply 7
Original post by cat_mac
Tips for next time: you’re allowed to bring sunglasses to your test! Lots of people drive with them and if anything it shows you’re prepared.

My instructor said to have your test between 10-1 as the roads are best then. Probably the most relaxed the instructors are too since driving conditions are less hazardy.

And the best advice I can give is get back on your feet, book your next test and work on the things you got marked down for. It takes most people a few times to get this right so don’t be too hard on yourself :love:

Thank you! already booked next one on12:43 next month, will get ready for it!
Reply 8
Original post by Guru Jason
The saying goes the best drivers pass second time round. Keep at it and learn from your mistakes and then smash it next time.
WILL DO!!!
Original post by TheConfusedMedic
I did my test in rush hour and kind of preferred it to non-rush hour driving? Just requires a bit of clutch control in traffic and you're all good :smile:

It can burn a lot of time and in some ways, can be easier as it makes you more aware, which means failing for poor observation (which is common) is unlikely.

The flipside is the sheer amount of idiots in a hurry you'll come across.
Original post by littlesmall
Thank you! already booked next one on12:43 next month, will get ready for it!

Good luck - I mean it! Half the time when people say they've failed on here they insist it isn't their fault; you know what wrong for you which is good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending