The Student Room Group

My hard brexiteer driving instructor

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by KingHarold
Find a new instructor. Let us hope he never drives to the far right on the road, as that would probably cause an accident.

Ok! :auto: Fingers crossed...
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Well, I guess there's no accounting for snowflakes that get easily offended by someone else's views. Why is what someone else thinks of such a concern to you?

It’s not the time nor the place. A student is paying the instructor money to be taught how to drive yet he is explaining his political views.
Well, I guess there's no accounting for snowflakes that get easily offended by someone else's views. Why is what someone else thinks of such a concern to you?

This is not an argument. Calling someone a "snowflake" makes you look like the old fool you are.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gerib17
It’s not the time nor the place. A student is paying the instructor money to be taught how to drive yet he is explaining his political views.

Hes the village idiot, ignore it
He seems incompetent, you CAN change instructors, if you've paid for a batch of lessons, take them then get a new instructor. Simple as that mate
Original post by Caesar333
This is not an argument. Calling someone a "snowflake" makes you look like the old fool you are.

It's not supposed to be an argument, just saying what I feel. There's nothing to argue.
It's not supposed to be an argument, just saying what I feel. There's nothing to argue.

Alright, you feel its okay to spout intolerant political crap during a paid driving lesson.
Reply 27
My idea of hell. Being stuck in a screaming metal death trap with a deluded extremist.
Original post by Sycamorea
Hi everyone,

I started to learn driving about 2 months ago. I'm hungarian. My driving instructor were kind of nice at the first time. He was really helpful and patient, which was very good. But the time has gone by and I noticed that he kept telling me about how the immigrants put the whole country into deep trouble and all the people from the East brings extremist views etc. Sometimes he gets really angry during the lesson and it makes me nervous. I noticed that he doesn't believe me or doesn't really care what I tell him. E.g.: He laughed at me when I asked him to show me how to demist the windows. "Hehe you still dont know it heh? How will you pass the exam then?" He has never tell me how to do it before. Then I asked him to talk throu all the show me tell me questions. He said " didn't I give you the paper about it? I suggest you make a scan to your computer!" He has never gave me such a paperwork before. I've learned a lot from him during this period but I feel he is a kind of insecure person who make assumption about people through the latest news. I looked up on his facebook page and it's full of posts about extrem rightwing brexit views. I'm thinking of changing instructor but I fear that he will use his power and extended friendship network to fail my exam and to give bad reputation about me. What do you think, should I proceed or should I change instructor?

Hi,
Just say to your instructor that you got a car so won't be taking anymore lessons, like say your parents are teaching you. I had an instructor who was a nice person, but I really didn't feel like he was teaching me enough so I changed instructors, however I didn't want to message him or call him saying that I had changed, not that he wouldn't have been bothered, but I didn't want to offend him because it is kinda obvious that I changed because I don't think I was getting taught what I should've so I told him I got a car and will be practicing in it, he knew that I had already booked my test so he rang up and was just asking stuff like do you remember how to do this manoeuvre, remember how to do that, just to make sure I was fine. He also wished me luck on my exam, so I would suggest just saying that you have a car to practise in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending