The Student Room Group

Economics or Law- Please read (I know orginal!)

Hi, I have got an offer to study Economics at Nottingham , now thats fine but I am really starting to think I have made the wrong subject choice, I'm realising the increasing quantitive nature of economics with the inherent advanced maths and I'm am starting to wish I had chosen Law a subject I have always felt an affinity with but confess to not have researched thouroughly as to what a uni course entails, now my parents are offering me no help and are saying I'm being erratic since I've just been rejected from Warwick (my no.1 choice), but i doubt it as Notts is a really good econ school and I have friends going there.

Basically my question is , is it feasible to take a gap year and re-apply for Law at good uni's and stand a chance , should i do some subjects in this gap year , I will try and get work expeience, will uni's hold it against me, just any help on this matter would be so appreciated , I feel really lonely as no-one in my family will talk to me about it.

Thanks "a rather confused" Arya. :s-smilie: :smile: :confused: :frown:
Reply 1
It is feasible sweets.... I cannot advice you on anything to do really, apart from maybe getting a job at a solicitor's office or something like that.. But I can say that it's possible to have a gap year, and then apply for law...

Unis probably won't hold it against you, as long as you do something worthwhile in your gap year... Also, you will then already have your grades, they're not only predicted - they're actual..
Reply 2
You also have to get a high LNAT score to get into Nottingham's law school
Reply 3
what constitutes a high LNAT score, I did the practice one the other day and got 24, I know it'll be harder than that but what's a "high"score for top law schools.
Reply 4
aint got a clue lol
Reply 5
above 20 is very high already.
Arya
Hi, I have got an offer to study Economics at Nottingham , now thats fine but I am really starting to think I have made the wrong subject choice, I'm realising the increasing quantitive nature of economics with the inherent advanced maths and I'm am starting to wish I had chosen Law a subject I have always felt an affinity with but confess to not have researched thouroughly as to what a uni course entails, now my parents are offering me no help and are saying I'm being erratic since I've just been rejected from Warwick (my no.1 choice), but i doubt it as Notts is a really good econ school and I have friends going there.

Basically my question is , is it feasible to take a gap year and re-apply for Law at good uni's and stand a chance , should i do some subjects in this gap year , I will try and get work expeience, will uni's hold it against me, just any help on this matter would be so appreciated , I feel really lonely as no-one in my family will talk to me about it.

Thanks "a rather confused" Arya. :s-smilie: :smile: :confused: :frown:

Why didn't you apply for Law and economics? I did :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending