The Student Room Group

Just failed my first driving test, am I too bothered? Not really! TAKE MY ADVICE!

Hi all,
Just wanted to make this post, I have just took and failed my first driving test and failed, I got two majors and 5 minors and I am not bothered. The majors for stalling on a hill and crossings, some guy ran out in front, yes I did see him however he stopped on the island and the continued across the road as I got closer which caused the examiner to slam on the brakes, both majors were within minutes of each other.

I wanted to make this post to calm everyone's nerves about there test, whilst I am calm person which I guess is quite lucky, I want to let you all know that the test is easy! Yes, I did fail, but that doesn't mean it is not easy, I also live in north London in a full of many schools, many business etc. My examiner was brilliant, we were speaking throughout the whole exam, even when I failed I told him that I knew that I had failed and he told me that the fact I know what I had done is very important, he was even telling me when to change lanes etc which they aren't supposed to do!

At the end of the day, it's a 40 minute test, this starts as soon as you sign the deceleration form, after the examiner checks your car etc that's another 4 minutes gone, you constantly stop at the side of the road, so you really only drive for 30 minutes. I want to also say that just know that if you fail, so what, who cares, yes it means you will have to spend more money, but at the end of the day many people do. 5 other people took there tests when I took mine so we all arrived back at the test center at the same time and only 1 had a pass certificate. I am booking another test later today for 2 months time, looking to bring it forward next month, as the waiting list where I live is big, anyways, good luck to all of you!
Original post by cbaforcba
Hi all,
Just wanted to make this post, I have just took and failed my first driving test and failed, I got two majors and 5 minors and I am not bothered. The majors for stalling on a hill and crossings, some guy ran out in front, yes I did see him however he stopped on the island and the continued across the road as I got closer which caused the examiner to slam on the brakes, both majors were within minutes of each other.

I wanted to make this post to calm everyone's nerves about there test, whilst I am calm person which I guess is quite lucky, I want to let you all know that the test is easy! Yes, I did fail, but that doesn't mean it is not easy, I also live in north London in a full of many schools, many business etc. My examiner was brilliant, we were speaking throughout the whole exam, even when I failed I told him that I knew that I had failed and he told me that the fact I know what I had done is very important, he was even telling me when to change lanes etc which they aren't supposed to do!

At the end of the day, it's a 40 minute test, this starts as soon as you sign the deceleration form, after the examiner checks your car etc that's another 4 minutes gone, you constantly stop at the side of the road, so you really only drive for 30 minutes. I want to also say that just know that if you fail, so what, who cares, yes it means you will have to spend more money, but at the end of the day many people do. 5 other people took there tests when I took mine so we all arrived back at the test center at the same time and only 1 had a pass certificate. I am booking another test later today for 2 months time, looking to bring it forward next month, as the waiting list where I live is big, anyways, good luck to all of you!

How reassuring...
Reply 2
the point being many people fail...
Original post by cbaforcba
the point being many people fail...

That can demotivate and motivate :biggrin:
Reply 4
haha, I guess, but the point of this post wasn't really tips to pass, just be prepared to fail and if you do, why does it matter, you will learn from your mistakes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending