The Student Room Group

Having anxiety in a crowded college?

I didn't know where else to put this but anyways! I'm Jay, I'm 16 and I dropped out of college the start of September 2017. I have hopes of rerolling into the same college this year but I'm worried I'm going to drop out again due to the same reason. You can probably tell what the reason was due to the title- but if not, I dropped out because I have raging anxiety. Lowkey, I start to sweat like a mother****er, I start to hyperventilate and I just want to die then and there. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression for 3-4 years now and it doesn't seem to get better.

I was wondering though- if you have anxiety and you go to school/college, how do you deal with it? How do you communicate with people without bursting into a seizure? What courses are easy on those who have anxiety?

My friend attends the same college that I'll be attending to but she takes a different course. She is taking Textiles and English (but since I passed English, I won't need to resit, I'll only have to go to my chosen course and Maths because I failed it).
I have anxiety too and I've spoken to my college about it! They're really helpful! They let me leave the class any time I think I'm going to have a panic attack, and I skip lessons if I feel extremely anxious. They just hand me the work we did and I finish it at home. However, what works for me might not work for you, so I recommend talking to whichever staff are involved in making sure students with particular needs fit in.

Latest

Trending

Trending